You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-05 14:04:34

zorggy

ssh client bug for Kerberos

Hello,

There is a bug in ssh client that is almost 9 year old and a patch has been included in various distributions, but not (yet?) in Arch Linux. This is the link: https://bugzilla.mindrot.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1008
As I'm in an environment using Round-Robin hosts ('srv' generic host name may actually be 'srv-0001', 'srv-0002'...) and we use Kerberos, I cannot connect without giving a password.

Would it be possible to include the patch in the ssh client package? Thank you in advance for your reply.

#2 2014-02-05 16:00:48

ewaller
Administrator

Re: ssh client bug for Kerberos

Hello.  It is unlikely -- Arch tends to use vanilla sources where ever possible.  You might create a PKGBUILD to build it with your desired patches, or you can make a request that someone do it in the "AUR Issues, Discussion, and PKGBUILD Request" sub-forum.  The best way to make a request that the patch be included in the main line is to contact the developers using the mail lists.  You are far more likely to attract the right set of eyeballs there.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2014-02-06 08:07:11

zorggy

Thank you ewaller for your answer. I'm going to search for a mailing list used by ssh devs. If no success I'll check whether I can make an AUR package.

#4 2014-10-29 02:39:10

kaptoxic

Zorggy, so what did you do at the end? I noticed the "openssh-gssapikeyexchange" package in AUR but I guess it is outdated and I am not sure if it does the trick...

Board footer