You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-13 02:07:35

mrapide

[SOLVED] Lid switch does not suspend (systemd)

Hi all,

Thinking that the issue was with Gnome and GDM, I originally posted my issue here: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1380304 .

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 that does not suspend when the lid is closed. Here is the info that I have:

- kernel 3.12.9-2
- My /etc/systemd/logind.conf is commented out (I had some uncommented lines in the link that I posted in my efforts to troubleshoot)
- My suspend key does work, as well as when I enter systemctl suspend
- I have watched  /proc/acpi/button/lid/LID/state and verified that the state does change from OPEN to CLOSED when I shut the lid.
- The upower.service is active
- the relevant output of journalctl -b -u systemd-logind shows the following:
   Feb 12 20:41:08 teatime systemd-logind[11989]: Lid closed.
   Feb 12 20:41:17 teatime systemd-logind[11989]: Lid opened.
It does not show Suspending... as it should (and does) on other laptops that I have installed on

- I do not have acpid installed, so I'm unaware of any power management conflicts.

I'm not sure where to proceed from here. Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by mrapide (2014-02-18 02:00:38)

#2 2014-02-16 01:43:58

mrapide

Re: [SOLVED] Lid switch does not suspend (systemd)

Does anyone have any thoughts? I'd appreciate any insight that anyone has to offer. It's rather frustrating to not be able to suspend by closing the lid. Thankfully, my suspend button on the keyboard is working. But I'd prefer to use the lid switch. Thanks in advance!

#3 2014-02-18 01:58:10

mrapide

Solved! Thanks to grawity on #archlinux. gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xrandr default-monitors-setup do-nothing did the trick for me.

#4 2014-03-25 05:30:56

zhtlancer
Website

mrapide wrote:

Solved! Thanks to grawity on #archlinux. gsettings set org.gnome.settings-daemon.plugins.xrandr default-monitors-setup do-nothing did the trick for me.

Hi, I'm suffering the same issue here on my x230. But a bit difference might be that, when I connect external monitor with it, closing the lid doesn't lead to a suspend. But when I disconnect the external monitor, it suspend. Using the gsettings trick seems to have no effect...

#5 2014-03-25 07:16:22

Scimmia
Fellow

zhtlancer wrote:
mrapide wrote:

Hi, I'm suffering the same issue here on my x230. But a bit difference might be that, when I connect external monitor with it, closing the lid doesn't lead to a suspend. But when I disconnect the external monitor, it suspend. Using the gsettings trick seems to have no effect...

That's because this is expected behavior in the current version.

Board footer