You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-07 16:30:44

peque

LDAP ldif

Hi !!

I have now tried to set up an LDAP server - but running into big problems each time.. I would really like to get some help about the ldif file:
Becaurse - each time I set it up, (I use PHPLDAPADMIN) it says Samba is disabled - how can that be - my thought is that its not includet in the ldif file - so can you help me to extend this ldif file to also use samba So the user only has to be created one place?? The original ldif file :

dn: dc=falsterslilleskole,dc=dk
objectclass: top
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: falsterslilleskole
dc: falsterslilleskole

dn: cn=Manager,dc=falsterslilleskole,dc=dk
objectclass: organizationsRole
cn: Manager
description: Directory Manager

What is missing to get that one to work along with samba... Everything else is working (I guess) But the interface of P.L.A just says samba is missing caurse - missing schema or XML!! I correct this, but can´t get it to accept any ldif file afterwards...

Please help / and perhaps explain..

THX

Just getting better .... All the time

#2 2006-01-07 19:47:08

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: LDAP ldif

you need to import the samba scheme into your ldap config file.. slap.conf

something like..
include /usr/lib/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include /usr/lib/openldap/schema/samba.schema

those paths are wrong..so make sure they are appropriate. And.. I am not sure if arch comes with the samba schema by default.. you can always snag it from somewhere else and just drop it in..

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2006-01-08 09:40:50

peque

I did that each time, but i says every time , that´s disabled samba... although I have samba at another way(also copyet from the original destination) No matter what - it did not work...

Just getting better .... All the time

#4 2006-01-08 22:28:21

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

if I recall..you have to edit a file in phpldapadmin, to enable samba support..
dont remember where though...
sorry sad

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer