You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-11 08:57:05

no4

Can't start OpenOffice with Gtk widgets from fluxbox menu

Hi!
I have changed my .bashrc file according to this: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … office+gtk and this http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … office+gtk , but I have a little problem. If I start it from console it works, but if I start it from fluxbox menu, by the same commands ("soffice", or "soffice -writer", etc.), it has it's default look back. I'm using fluxbox 0.9.14 and OpenOffice.org 2.0.
Thanks for any advice.

Thank you free software developers for sharing your work.

#2 2006-01-11 10:17:49

Legout

Re: Can't start OpenOffice with Gtk widgets from fluxbox menu

You could also add this

export OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP=gnome

to the beginning (after the big comment) of  /usr/bin/soffice.
BTW. If you wanna have kde support, change gnome to kde below wink[/code]

#3 2006-01-11 10:30:31

no4

Thank you very much, it works  smile  .

Thank you free software developers for sharing your work.

#4 2006-01-11 10:57:21

tomk
Forum Fellow

I've always been a bit puzzled by this, I have to admit. I have  stuff in my .bashrc which works as expected in a terminal, but is not accessible through xfce - in other words, I can't use it in xfce's menu. My OOo export statement, on the other hand, is in /etc/profile, and it works fine. Try it there, and see if it makes any difference - remember to logout and login again.

Putting it in /usr/bin/soffice will work, of course, but the change will get overwritten every time there's an upgrade.

#5 2006-01-23 16:13:12

lydgate

tomk wrote:

I've always been a bit puzzled by this, I have to admit. I have  stuff in my .bashrc which works as expected in a terminal, but is not accessible through xfce - in other words, I can't use it in xfce's menu. My OOo export statement, on the other hand, is in /etc/profile, and it works fine. Try it there, and see if it makes any difference - remember to logout and login again.

Putting it in /usr/bin/soffice will work, of course, but the change will get overwritten every time there's an upgrade.

I'm no expert but I believe .bashrc gets read every time you open a new terminal, whereas profile gets read on startup . . . so profile is basically global, whereas .bashrc is mainly for virtual terminals.  At least I have noticed the same thing, that .bashrc doesn't apply to window manager stuff.

Board footer