You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-07 23:43:44

replax

[SOLVED] Awesome WM error message whenever the Application Menu starts

Hi guys,

I am working on a fresh Arch Linux install, newest everything.
Did install awesome WM, threw in my previous rc.lua file and theme.lua, which also ran on the latest version of Awesome WM (reinstalled on same day...).

However, my theme.lua file was throwing an error because of me using gears.wallpaper.fit(1, 2) even if it has three arguments (thrid one was going as default). Strange enough, after fixing that, I am getting the following error whenever I hit super+q or super+p , bringing up the program menu.
FoPzlet.png

that error appears again if I hit the super key or launch a program from the program menu.

What might the cause of the problem be?

rc.lua
theme.lua

thanks a lot!

Last edited by replax (2014-04-09 18:08:56)

#2 2014-04-08 00:22:52

nullified

Re: [SOLVED] Awesome WM error message whenever the Application Menu starts

I am getting this same error message. I tried using the default awesome theme to make sure it wasn't something in my own rc.lua and the error still occurs. It seems to be related to this recent commit: https://github.com/awesomeWM/awesome/co … e0d295aa2d

You can submit a bug report here: https://awesome.naquadah.org/bugs/  I will do so myself when I get a chance (if no one has done so by then)

Last edited by nullified (2014-04-08 00:23:05)

"We may say most aptly, that the Analytical Engine weaves algebraical patterns just as the Jacquard-loom weaves flowers and leaves." - Ada Lovelace

#3 2014-04-08 22:15:37

nullified

It looks like there is a bug report and fix for this: https://awesome.naquadah.org/bugs/index … sk_id=1248

The fix:

For anyone running into this: This is a one-line fix, just edit your /usr/share/awesome/lib/wibox/widget/imag ebox.lua and apply it by hand. The fix is to add 'if width == 0 or height == 0 then return end' at the beginning of the imagebox:draw() function

"We may say most aptly, that the Analytical Engine weaves algebraical patterns just as the Jacquard-loom weaves flowers and leaves." - Ada Lovelace

#4 2014-04-08 22:58:02

Proinsias

Thanks, I had no idea there was a program menu in awesome, doesn't seem to be mentioned in the man page. Don't imagine I'll use it often but handy to have.

New shiny thing found, red boxes everywhere, bug confirmed, bug fixed, yay.

#5 2014-04-09 12:31:00

nullified

A final update: this is now fixed in 3.5.4-2, available now. There is no need to fix this manually.

#6 2014-04-09 18:08:26

replax

perfect big_smile thanks a lot for the update!!

Board footer