You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-17 18:52:11

bl0b

virt-manager, openbsd-netcat conflicting with gnu-netcat

Hi,

since 2012 there seem to be no more reports about the dependency problem of virt-manager (1.0.1-1) and openbsd-netcat?! Openbsd-netcat is optional but still conflicting with gnu-netcat which is indeed my preferred solution. Is there any solution (beside removing gnu-netcat^^) or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks and regards

#2 2014-04-17 19:01:08

karol
Archivist

Re: virt-manager, openbsd-netcat conflicting with gnu-netcat

openbsd-netcat provides netcat, I don't know why is virt-manager depending on openbsd-netcat and not on netcat, which would make it trivial to use gnu-netcat.
Have you tried editing the PKGBUILD of virt-manager?

#3 2014-04-18 07:51:30

bl0b

karol wrote:

openbsd-netcat provides netcat, I don't know why is virt-manager depending on openbsd-netcat and not on netcat, which would make it trivial to use gnu-netcat.

Considering pkgbuild as well as the output of pacman -Qi it seems to depend on openbsd-netcat. For the needed libvirt it is optional.

karol wrote:

Have you tried editing the PKGBUILD of virt-manager?

Since the package is in community repo I wanted to avoid editing pkgbuild, cause for me this was only needed (till now) for building packages from "scratch" or with yaourt.

Interesting for me, there seems to be another version in AUR repo which has not such a direct dep (AUR)?

If I have to edit pkgbuild, than I was wondering if it maybe could break some functions, since to my knowledge openbsd-netcat and gnu-netcat have some different options available?!

#4 2017-02-03 19:40:05

simona70
Banned

Some parameter is different. I remember differ for a -p required in BSD release.

#5 2017-02-03 21:43:52

ewaller
Administrator

Closing this nearly three year old thread.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer