You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-17 03:39:16

ihavenoname

creating a custom repo....i really need some help...

hello...im trying to make a custom cd

im inputting this code...

gensync /var/abs/local/ /home/viper/Desktop/arch/extra.db.tar.gz /var/cache/pacman/pkg/

and im getting this

gensync: building database entries, generating md5sums...
gensync: missing package file: /var/cache/pacman/pkg//libebml-0.7.6-1.pkg.tar.gz

i realize that this means that i dont have the package downloaded....but i dont need that package so i have to go into the /var/abs/local/extra/lib/ folder and delete it...
and that would be fine except...i have to do that for every package in the repository....is there anyway i could make a repository out of only the packages that i have..w/o having to download the files or delete the pkgbuild file from the /var/abs/local/extra/lib/ directory...what i want is a repository with kde gnome gnome-extras k3b and libdvdcss, libdvdnav..... thank you for any help or any advise.....im almost 100% sure that im doing alot wrong...im very new to the whole Arch building packaging etc...although from my experience pacman is awsome...

thanx

In this land of the pain the sane lose not knowing they were part of the game.

~LP

#2 2006-01-20 08:28:11

zamb

Re: creating a custom repo....i really need some help...

Might this link be helpful to you?
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Cus … nd_gensync

#3 2006-01-20 09:21:50

torindan2

I added a script in wiki so you can create XXX.db.tar.gz just from a dir of packages.
VERY usefull on creating custom cd.
REALLY.

#4 2006-01-22 04:44:16

ihavenoname

yes...i looked at the wiki and couldnt get it working initially then i found out about abs...at first i thought it was some Arch theory...hahaha ya thats me in a nutshell ..lol

torindan2 wrote:

I added a script in wiki so you can create XXX.db.tar.gz just from a dir of packages.
VERY usefull on creating custom cd.
REALLY.

WOW! that sounds like exactly what I need..Im gonna go check it out!

~LP

#5 2006-01-22 05:13:59

ihavenoname

hmm... it sounds like a good script...but...umm well hahah i have no idea how to run it....lol...do i just edit it to use my directory or something...and then just copy it in to gvim and save or ? sry!! im just new to scripts and stuff....(Linux in general but I wanna learn!!! sometime i dont have time and i skim wikis and make mistakes, but still hahaha

~LP

#6 2006-01-23 08:08:38

torindan2

copy, paste in whatever editor you like,

chmod 755 SCRIPT_NAME
./SCRIPT_NAME DIR_NAME

where SCRIPT_NAME is whatever you want to call your script, DIR_NAME is path do directory with your packages.

#7 2006-01-24 00:55:31

ihavenoname

torindan2 wrote:

copy, paste in whatever editor you like,

chmod 755 SCRIPT_NAME
./SCRIPT_NAME DIR_NAME

where SCRIPT_NAME is whatever you want to call your script, DIR_NAME is path do directory with your packages.

Thanx so much Ive been trying to do that for 2 weeks now! Could you please add those last two lines to the wiki..for all the other newbies...Thanx so much

EDIT: to burn this to a cd wut do i do? From what i understand Im supposed to create and burn an iso with the an /arch/pkg/ directory and put the custom.db.tar.gz file in the /arch/pkg directory on the cd. Thats what i understood from the wiki but hows pacman supposed to know where to retrive the files?

~LP

#8 2006-01-24 01:22:09

syamajala
Website

Xentac also wrote a patch for gensync that does the samething, we've been using it on arch64 for a while now. it is here http://arch64.org/svn/trunk/current/base/pacman/
just get pacman.patch and pacman2.patch then build a custom pacman package using those 2 patches.

#9 2006-01-24 03:23:18

ihavenoname

ummm ya...i got it to where it will add the repository but it is not able to retreive packages from my directory

~LP

#10 2006-01-24 05:30:52

polarrr

Did you add your custom repo to pacman.conf?

#11 2006-01-25 00:00:28

ihavenoname

polarrr wrote:

Did you add your custom repo to pacman.conf?

yes..I added it and it could not retrive the packages from the repository so I copied the custom.db.tar.gz into the folder where I put the packages and it was able to retrive the packages then however when i disable all repos except my custom repo and type pacman -S  gnome it says it cannot find the packaged gnome. and the same for KDE ...how do i set it up so that it knows that when i say pacman -S gnome that i want the group gnome and not a   package called gnome.??? :?:

p.s. i( used the script from the wiki to make the repo..this link is in this thread.)

EDIT
I put arch on one of my spare partions and Im testing to see if it works...even coping the packages into the /var/pacman/pkg directory does not help as pacman still asks you to refreash and w/o internet thats difficult...is there anyway around this?

~LP

Board footer