You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-24 23:19:30

CPUnltd
Website

Dell Latitude D620 X no longer works (no screens found) due to wifi

While fixing an issue with bcm4311 after an update jump (hadn't updated the laptop in at least 3 months) I ran into the issue of X refusing to load. Never changed any config files other than mkinitcpio to change some depreciated hooks and put the right module in the list. Below is a pastebin of my log file for X. I am completely stumped as to why this even happened (and extremely pressed for time because I have to leave for work). I couldn't figure this out before my time was up for the day, so I decided to make this post before I gave up for the day to see if anyone could see what is causing this untimely issue. Thanks for any and all help!

EDIT: removed pastebin as it was expired and likely not related to core issue. Will make new pastebin(s) of necessary file(s) when/if issue is revisited.

Last edited by CPUnltd (2014-04-29 18:55:58)

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2014-04-26 19:35:42

GSF1200S

Re: Dell Latitude D620 X no longer works (no screens found) due to wifi

CPUnltd wrote:

While fixing an issue with bcm4311 after an update jump (hadn't updated the laptop in at least 3 months) I ran into the issue of X refusing to load. Never changed any config files other than mkinitcpio to change some depreciated hooks and put the right module in the list. Below is a pastebin of my log file for X. I am completely stumped as to why this even happened (and extremely pressed for time because I have to leave for work). I couldn't figure this out before my time was up for the day, so I decided to make this post before I gave up for the day to see if anyone could see what is causing this untimely issue. Thanks for any and all help!

http://pastebin.com/5fk8FyA1

Your pastebin has been removed or has expired.

Also, can you post the results of:

lsmod

and for the hell of it:

lspci

Also, post the contents of any file in /etc/x11/xorg.conf.d/

What updates have been made since X last worked? Can you try building an older set of drivers supplied in the AUR?

#3 2014-04-29 18:53:37

CPUnltd
Website

Re: Dell Latitude D620 X no longer works (no screens found) due to wifi

I need to find the right term to add to the topic on the first post... the problem is gone. It seems that the whole issue was being caused by the wifi card. Unsure if it was due to a bad wifi card or screwy drivers. But when I took the wifi card out of the laptop and replaced it with an Atheros-based one, everything ran just fine. Still having issues with new installations of XDM only allowing one user to log in, but I will put that in a different post soon. Can't realy consider this solved since the actual root of the problem wasn't determined. If I get my hands on my own laptop of the same brand with the same wifi card, I will re-visit this to see if the real problem can be weeded out. Thanks for responding, GSF1200S. This topic may or may not be revived sometime down the line.

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

Board footer