You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-19 17:01:55

STiAT

kernel26-archck and acerhk (aur)

I've been trying to get acerhk driver running with the new archck kernel.
I failed.

It always stays invalid module format... i recompiled the kernel driver several times, also manually installed it, but it simply didn't work out.

Any idea how to solve this?

// STi

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#2 2006-01-19 18:27:13

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: kernel26-archck and acerhk (aur)

I don't know if it has been fixed. But one of the version of kernel26archck was compiled with gcc 4.1 that was in testing a while ago. It could explain the error that you are getting as you are probably using gcc 4.0.3. Make sure that you're using the latest version of the archck package. If you still have this problem, contact iphitus and ask him if this has been fixed.  The archck kernel should be compiled against the gcc in current.

#3 2006-01-19 21:58:42

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Please make sure you are running 2.6.15-archck2-3 and have the GCC from current installed, not the old GCC4.1 that went into testing.

#4 2006-01-21 05:37:05

STiAT

Worth a reply.

Thanks for the answers (PM and here as well, especially iphitus, wo i guess was quite spammed).

I had -3 installed. Somehow, -4 fixed my problems (don't know why), but i downloaded my package on my main machine, used a usb stick to transfer the data and this one worked properly.

Thank you again. The proof that arch not just is a wonderful distribution ... arch also got wonderful members giving individual support if needed.

Thanks to snow, your reply made me paying attention to iphitus thread about the new kernel release, which helped me out of my toubles with the bootloader.

Btw: Why did my notebook update to this kernel and my main system not? I mean i'm glad about this, so it just screwed up one system, but they're using the same mirrors... and my main system doesn't seem to think it's necessary to update to the archck kernel...

// STi

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

Board footer