You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-02 11:39:50

desaparecido

kmail error when start "Failed to fetch resource collection"

hi, today I have this weird error, I have [testing] repo enable, so I have mariadb 10.0 version upgraded yesterday and worked fine after upgrade, even today morning, I can start kontact without problem, I had the kdebase-workspace upgrade to 4.11.9-2 version.  I don't know exactly if the problem started there or when, I tried to downgrade kde-workspace to 4.11.9-1 version but the problem is still there sad

when I start kontact from Konsole I have this message:

The error was:
Failed to fetch the resource collection." 
kontact(13280)/libakonadi Akonadi::SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::resourceScanResult: Failed to request resource "akonadi_maildir_resource_0" : "Failed to fetch the resource collection." 
kontact(13280)/libakonadi Akonadi::SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult: Failed SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult "Failed to fetch the resource collection." 
kontact(13280) MailCommon::Kernel::emergencyExit: "The Email program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.                                                                                               
The error was:                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Failed to fetch the resource collection."                                                                                                                                                                            
kontact(13280)/libakonadi Akonadi::SpecialCollectionsRequestJobPrivate::resourceScanResult: Failed to request resource "akonadi_maildir_resource_0" : "Failed to fetch the resource collection."                     
kontact(13280) MessageList::Widget::slotTagsFetched: Failed to load tags  "Unable to list tags"                                                                                                                      
kontact(13280) MailCommon::FilterManager::slotFinishedTagListing: failed to retrieve tags  "Unable to list tags"                                                                                                     
kontact(13280) KMail::TagActionManager::finishedTagListing: "Unable to list tags"    

I change nothing in my config so I don't know if is some "personal" issue or what hmm ... some ideas??

I rebuild kdepim and nothing change.  I rebuild kdebase-workspace to test.. if something change i'll post .

KF5 & Plasma5 (git versions) - Awesome WM
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - AMD FX8350 - ATI Radeon HD 7970
[testing] repo

#2 2014-05-02 11:46:04

arojas
Developer

Re: kmail error when start "Failed to fetch resource collection"

#3 2014-05-02 13:09:49

desaparecido

Re: kmail error when start "Failed to fetch resource collection"

@arojas thanks... I downgrade mariadb to extra version.  After clean all database mysql of akonadi and some tricks with mysql (I needed to search in google... ) now all works fine.

EDIT: to clean start of mysqld.service I needed to delete /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile0 and /var/lib/mysql/ib_logfile1 files, after to stop service and mysql_upgrade was ok too.

Last edited by desaparecido (2014-05-02 13:16:07)

KF5 & Plasma5 (git versions) - Awesome WM
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - AMD FX8350 - ATI Radeon HD 7970
[testing] repo

Board footer