You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-07 02:39:58

mpdavis73

Keyboard backlight color change button mimics mouse button presses

I bought a Perixx PX-1100 keyboard, and with it plugged in, any time I change the color of the backlight, it makes it seem as if either right or left mouse keys are held down. The same issues occured in Ubuntu 13.10. I tracked it down to keycodes greater than 255. While logged out of KDE, but with kdm/X11 still running on tty 7, I can go to another tty and issue the showkey command, and here is what my results are - showkey -k is the only parameter that shows any output, -a nor -s show anything.

Backlight off to blue:
keycode 256 press
keycode 259 release

Blue to red:
keycode 256 release
keycode 257 press

Red to purple:
keycode 257 release
keycode 258 press

Purple to off:
keycode 258 release
keycode 259 press

I assume I need to somehow assign the keycodes involved to a scancode that doesn't cause a mouse conflict or have any effect at all in my KDE session, but I found conflicting information on the best way to do so. I tried setkeycodes, but that just gave me an "Invalid argument" error, I assume due to keycodes >255. The other options I found include editing /usr/share/X11/xkb/keycodes/evdev, but then I don't know what scancode I could use to do nothing but still be mapped; or compile a new xf86-input-evdev driver with a code-remap patch (from MythTV for Ubuntu family), which I could do, but may be overkill, and I am still stuck with finding a scancode that has no effect.

Board footer