You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-07 14:28:39

lykwydchykyn

LXQT: No such slot(QEventLoop::exit())

I installed the newly-released LXQT desktop from aur (lxqt-desktop-git).  It installed without problems, but when I try to log in, I just get openbox.

Checking .xsession-errors, the last line is this error:

Object::connect: No such slot QEventLoop::exit()

I'm wondering if this is a problem with having the wrong version of QT.  Will LXQT work with QT5 or do I need to remove QT5?  Anyone have this running?

EDIT: I removed all qt5 packages from my system, removed lxqt, and recompiled from a clean base.  Same result.

Last edited by lykwydchykyn (2014-05-07 16:11:05)

#2 2014-05-08 10:48:11

Rexilion

Re: LXQT: No such slot(QEventLoop::exit())

Maybe provide full .xsession-errors? The last line does not always indicate the symptom related to your issue.

fs/super.c : "Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...\n",

#3 2014-05-08 14:17:13

lykwydchykyn

You're quite right; sorry. 

Here it is:

LxQtGuiPlatformPlugin constructed 
LxQtGuiPlatformPlugin::styleName() is called 
Theme: Cannot open file for reading: "/usr/share/lxqt/themes/light/lxqt-session.qss" 
Setting special PATH  variable: "/usr/lib/lxqt-xdg-tools:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/home/alanm/bin:/usr/bin/core_perl" 
Environment variable PATH = /usr/lib/lxqt-xdg-tools:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/home/alanm/bin:/usr/bin/core_perl 
/tmp/packerbuild-1000/lxqt-session-git/lxqt-session-git/src/lxqt-session/lxqt-session/src/sessionapplication.cpp : 89 Session "session" about to launch (default 'session') 
"/home/alanm/.config/lxqt/session.conf" 
xrdb: Xcursor.theme:whiteglass
Xcursor.size:18
Xcursor.theme_core:true

Object::connect: No such slot QEventLoop::exit()

#4 2014-05-08 14:57:21

Rexilion

No problem.

Theme: Cannot open file for reading: "/usr/share/lxqt/themes/light/lxqt-session.qss" 

Verify that the file is missing and try to look for lxqt themes.

fs/super.c : "Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...\n",

#5 2014-05-09 01:31:10

cygoh

I have the same issue, lxqt was working fine until I upgrade to the new release 0.7.0 on my main machine.

I did a new install in a VM before I upgrade my main machine's lxqt. it is working fine in VM though, which also have those same error in .xsession-errors

#6 2014-05-09 12:01:39

jleclanche
Website

Please try to rm ~/.config/lxqt/lxqt-session.conf.

I pushed an update to the lxqt-desktop-git package mentioning the fix.

#7 2014-05-09 14:08:22

cygoh

Unfortunately remove session.conf doesn't work for me. I've tried remove the whole ~/.config folder and create a new user.

#8 2014-05-09 14:09:35

lykwydchykyn

jleclanche wrote:

Please try to rm ~/.config/lxqt/lxqt-session.conf.

This file didn't exist, but I assume you meant ~/.config/lxqt/session.conf.  I went ahead and deleted the whole lxqt folder though, since I've nothing I care to save in it.

I pushed an update to the lxqt-desktop-git package mentioning the fix.

I've updated, but I get exactly the same messages and results on login.  Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

BTW the file /usr/share/lxqt/themes/light/lxqt-session.qss doesn't exist.

EDIT: I tried creating /usr/share/lxqt/themes/light/lxqt-session.qss (as an empty file).  That didn't change anything (other than removing the error about it missing).

I also notice that I can run all the lxqt-* programs from a terminal in openbox without any trouble (though lxqt-session doesn't really do anything, AFAICT).

Also, if I exit openbox, it doesn't go back to the login screen; I just get stuck at an empty desktop, so something is keeping my X session alive (suggesting to me that maybe lxqt-session is stuck, not crashing).

Last edited by lykwydchykyn (2014-05-09 14:22:49)

#9 2014-05-09 14:38:41

cygoh

I finally solve it by reinstalling libqtxdg-git (0.5.3), my system some how still have the older version pre-0.5.1.

lykwydchykyn wrote:

Also, if I exit openbox, it doesn't go back to the login screen; I just get stuck at an empty desktop, so something is keeping my X session alive (suggesting to me that maybe lxqt-session is stuck, not crashing).

Same here. I have to use command openbox --exit to logout.

#10 2014-05-09 19:02:32

lykwydchykyn

cygoh wrote:

I finally solve it by reinstalling libqtxdg-git (0.5.3), my system some how still have the older version pre-0.5.1.

I reinstalled this too and it also fixed it for me.  Curiously, it told me I was downgrading when I installed it.  I don't remember installing this package for any other purpose, though I think I tested pcmanfm-qt at one point on this system several months ago.  Not sure why a -git package would be downgrading, though.

#11 2014-05-20 01:39:01

Tsukasa Buddha

I tried reinstalling libqtxdg-git and I still get the same error.

Last edited by Tsukasa Buddha (2014-05-20 01:51:43)

Board footer