You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-21 20:30:27

Lello

Gnome-music and Rhythmbox display wrong audio tags

Hi,
I've seen that both these two audio players (and maybe others, I don't know) show wrong audio tags. The "album year" tag is set correctly for all my .m4a songs (it can be seen from nautilus or from any tagging software) but Rhythmbox and Gnome-music always show the wrong year, without any apparent reason.

Did anyone encounter the same problem? How to fix?

Thanks in advance

#2 2014-05-24 16:06:37

Chazza
Wiki Maintainer

Re: Gnome-music and Rhythmbox display wrong audio tags

Lello wrote:

Hi,
I've seen that both these two audio players (and maybe others, I don't know) show wrong audio tags. The "album year" tag is set correctly for all my .m4a songs (it can be seen from nautilus or from any tagging software) but Rhythmbox and Gnome-music always show the wrong year, without any apparent reason.

Did anyone encounter the same problem? How to fix?

Thanks in advance

Yeah I found that I had inconsistencies with Rhythmbox and tags as well. This is how I fixed my problems.

1) Install Easytag.
2) Open Rhythmbox, right click on the song (or select all the tracks and then right click) and hit properties.
3) Change the incorrect tag to what it should be.
4) Open Easytag, locate the tarcks that you just edited in Rhythmbox. You should find that they are highlighted in bold. Select the tracks and then click the "Save changes to selected files" button in the Easytag toolbar. If you've selected multiple tracks then you'll need to tick the box saying you want to apply the action to all files.

The tags should be consistent across all your music programs now. Hope this helps!

Board footer