You are not logged in.

#26 2014-05-27 20:47:22

metak

Re: Deepin Desktop Environment on Arch

First one: try running /usr/lib/deepin-daemon/accounts as root and restart lightdm....
Second one: start ccsm in openbox or something and enable some plugins. (opengl, composite, window decoration, thumbnail window preview, resize window, move window, etc.)

Last edited by metak (2014-05-27 21:03:58)

#27 2014-05-27 20:50:15

metak

dodgejcr wrote:

Ive been trying forever to use this DE mainly because it wasnt an easy install. I love the challenge and cant quit until I get it right. Its still not working but tonight I will tear into some of the PKGBUILDs to see if there is something I can get working proper. Ill let you know if I find anything. Cheers and thank you for all you have done so far!

Me too. :-)  I was also curious about this DE and I wanted to try it, but I don't have much time to spend on this. All PKGBUILDS are available at OBS, good luck. :-)

#28 2014-05-27 21:25:08

dodgejcr

Outside of the qt-5 issues, what do you make of this? I believe that it is compiz related but I havent used compiz in ages and gtk-window-decorator is running and used in ccsm. Its strange that there is no decoration.

https://db.tt/8JI68mTY

#29 2014-05-27 21:30:08

metak

dodgejcr wrote:

Outside of the qt-5 issues, what do you make of this? I believe that it is compiz related but I havent used compiz in ages and gtk-window-decorator is running and used in ccsm. Its strange that there is no decoration.

https://db.tt/8JI68mTY

It's not compiz related actually. If you're using new nautilus it looks broken like that because gnome decided to 'merge' title bar into toolbar or whatever they call it.

Nemo looks much better or pcmanfm for that matter...

Last edited by metak (2014-05-27 21:53:34)

#30 2014-05-27 22:09:05

dodgejcr

Ah Ha!!!! I figured out the qt issues. I rebuilt dde-control-center and had alot more dependencies for qt5. I installed all qt5 packages and one of them was the magic one (I think qt5-tools). I reinstalled your package and it all works proper. I have control over my deepin!!!

Also, thanks for the tip about nemo. I wasnt using nautilus, as far as I know it isnt installed, I was using 'files'. Nemo does look alot better. I cant thank you enough.

#31 2014-05-27 22:16:41

metak

dodgejcr wrote:

Ah Ha!!!! I figured out the qt issues. I rebuilt dde-control-center and had alot more dependencies for qt5. I installed all qt5 packages and one of them was the magic one (I think qt5-tools). I reinstalled your package and it all works proper. I have control over my deepin!!!

Also, thanks for the tip about nemo. I wasnt using nautilus, as far as I know it isnt installed, I was using 'files'. Nemo does look alot better. I cant thank you enough.

That's why I didn't had these problems with qt5 dependencies, I had whole qt5 group installed! :-)
Thanx for reporting. I already added qt5-tools to depends and package is waiting to be rebuilt.

BTW They just renamed it, nautilus -> files.  smile

Last edited by metak (2014-05-27 22:17:01)

#32 2014-05-28 03:56:08

dodgejcr

Alright, Its time for another stupid question by dodge.

I used Linux Deepin for all of about a day a while back and know that there were alot more settings somewhere (dock settings is the one Im looking for). Is this something the distro had or is this a package I can find and build to feel productive? Im really loving the stability of your work and starting using it on not only my laptop but my family computer that everybody uses.

#33 2014-05-28 06:44:41

archerix

@metak

I've successfully installed Deepin DE in a fresh Arch Linux. I'm not using lightdm at first, so I used startx to load it.
But unfortunately, all I can see is just the desktop wallpaper, and the mouse pointer. That's all that I've got.

When I tried to load it using lightdm from your repo, the lightdm failed to start. Note that I have enabled it, and I have also installed lightdm-gtk3-greeter.

I don't know what or where I've done wrong. Is there anything that I missed?

Last edited by archerix (2014-05-28 06:45:02)

Between me (Freddy Krueger) and Arch Linux, I think Arch Linux is scarier,
and it will give you baddest nightmare in your life, if you failed to configure it right..

#34 2014-05-28 10:15:06

metak

dodgejcr wrote:

Alright, Its time for another stupid question by dodge.

I used Linux Deepin for all of about a day a while back and know that there were alot more settings somewhere (dock settings is the one Im looking for). Is this something the distro had or is this a package I can find and build to feel productive? Im really loving the stability of your work and starting using it on not only my laptop but my family computer that everybody uses.

No there are no options to configure dock settings yet, not that I know of. They (Deepin team) do plan to add in the future, but not just right now.

Like I wrote in my first post, BE CAREFUL! These are untested git packages after all. smile

#35 2014-05-28 10:38:08

metak

archerix wrote:

@metak

I've successfully installed Deepin DE in a fresh Arch Linux. I'm not using lightdm at first, so I used startx to load it.
But unfortunately, all I can see is just the desktop wallpaper, and the mouse pointer. That's all that I've got.

When I tried to load it using lightdm from your repo, the lightdm failed to start. Note that I have enabled it, and I have also installed lightdm-gtk3-greeter.

I don't know what or where I've done wrong. Is there anything that I missed?

Post more details and maybe someone can then help you. If you started DE from xinitrc then look in .xsession-errors for more clues...

#36 2014-05-28 10:48:27

Archer1X
Website

Ok.. I've just load the dekstop, and it seems that the dock (plank?) was loaded also.. The problem is all of them are not functioning.. Unclickable, not responding to anything..

Arch Linux all the way..

#37 2014-05-28 11:02:46

metak

Archer1X wrote:

Ok.. I've just load the dekstop, and it seems that the dock (plank?) was loaded also.. The problem is all of them are not functioning.. Unclickable, not responding to anything..

No plank here. That's dde-dock. Startdde loads dde-desktop, dde-dock, etc. Check the logs?

#38 2014-05-28 19:42:49

Riley88

hey for some reason deepin movie wont install from the opensuse mirror keeps saying file size exceeded

also im getting corrupt dde-daemon and dde-control-center

Last edited by Riley88 (2014-05-28 19:58:00)

HARDWARE ASUS K55A-RBR6 LAPTOP
Arch Linux 64bit Awesome WM
My setup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8il5sR9fxBM

#39 2014-05-29 05:05:34

Ekkoria

Pacman refuses to install several packages, I'm assuming your mirrors are somehow out of date. It complains about maximum file size exceeded on dde-qml-dbus-factory, dde-qml-gettext-plugin, dde-control-center, and startdde. It also won't install deepin-menu, dde-go-dbus-factory, go-dlib, or python2-deepin-storm, saying "invalid or corrupted package (checksum)." If you get these fixed I really look forward to trying deepin out

Last edited by Ekkoria (2014-05-29 05:05:54)

#40 2014-05-29 05:25:00

metak

@ Riley88 & Ekkoria

I already addressed the issue with "corrupt" packages in my post #13.
Can't do much about OBS complaining about maximum file size... that's out of my hands.

Since most important packages are built frequently it's best to remove package in cache and re-download when pacman starts complaining.
If you open the link below in browser (insert your arch at the end) and click on 'Details' for the package you're interested about, you'll see its sha256sum so you can check that way if your local package is outdated. Easier to just remove and re-download.  smile

http://download.opensuse.org/repositori … rch_Extra/

If you get it working post a screen-shot or something for others... wink

Last edited by metak (2014-05-29 05:44:03)

#41 2014-05-29 10:54:47

Archer1X
Website

How to take screenshot in Deepin Desktop? I've tried by pressing the PrtSc button but nothing happened.. Can you provide a way? Like installing Deepin own screenshot app?

Arch Linux all the way..

#42 2014-05-29 14:37:19

dodgejcr

Archer1X wrote:

How to take screenshot in Deepin Desktop? I've tried by pressing the PrtSc button but nothing happened.. Can you provide a way? Like installing Deepin own screenshot app?

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/deepin-screenshot/

To use it press ctl+alt+ a

#43 2014-05-29 15:51:40

Ekkoria

metak wrote:

@ Riley88 & Ekkoria

I already addressed the issue with "corrupt" packages in my post #13.
Can't do much about OBS complaining about maximum file size... that's out of my hands.

Since most important packages are built frequently it's best to remove package in cache and re-download when pacman starts complaining.
If you open the link below in browser (insert your arch at the end) and click on 'Details' for the package you're interested about, you'll see its sha256sum so you can check that way if your local package is outdated. Easier to just remove and re-download.  smile

http://download.opensuse.org/repositori … rch_Extra/

If you get it working post a screen-shot or something for others... wink

I had already tried what you suggested and it still hadn't worked, but this morning I tried again doing nothing different and everything went peachy, so who knows what happened! However deepin-terminal crashes upon starting, giving me this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deepin-terminal", line 35, in <module>
    from dtk.ui.init_skin import init_skin
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dtk/ui/init_skin.py", line 24, in <module>
    from skin_config import skin_config
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dtk/ui/skin_config.py", line 23, in <module>
    from dominant_color import get_dominant_color
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dtk/ui/dominant_color.py", line 28, in <module>
    import scipy
ImportError: No module named scipy

I thought maybe a dependency had been missed, but I have python-scipy installed. Dde-control-center is also unhappy. At first I was missing qt5-quickcontrols, but after installing that it's still not working, this time giving me

Create NetworkManager remote object failed :  "Could not get owner of name 'com.deepin.daemon.Network': no such name" 
libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
Create User remote object failed :  "Could not get owner of name 'com.deepin.daemon.Accounts': no such name" 
Create Accounts remote object failed :  "Could not get owner of name 'com.deepin.daemon.Accounts': no such name" 
Create User remote object failed :  "Could not get owner of name 'com.deepin.daemon.Accounts': no such name" 
qml: ==> [info] Language: en_US
qml: ==> [info] initTrayIcon emit

Edit: rebooting fixed dde-control-center, but not deepin-terminal
Edit 2: python2-scipy was the missing dependency to get deepin-terminal to run.

Last edited by Ekkoria (2014-05-30 03:03:13)

#44 2014-05-29 15:54:08

erykroom

#45 2014-05-30 07:00:42

metak

Ekkoria wrote:

Edit: rebooting fixed dde-control-center, but not deepin-terminal
Edit 2: python2-scipy was the missing dependency to get deepin-terminal to run.

It's a good idea to reboot after installing so that deepin daemon and the rest can start properly... also, already added 'python2-scipy' to 'deepin-terminal' with latest update. Thanx for reporting!

Besides that, many other packages have been updated and here are some screen-shots...

deepin1.pngdeepin2.pngnet.pngmedia.pngaudio.pngcale.png

1. clean..
2. deepin-movie (playing the road warriors Irish road racing... F*ck Moto GP! This is crazy! )  smile
3. network widget 4. media widget, showing mounted devices... 5. sound settings... 6. calendar...

If you're interested and want to know how development is progressing then check their github page for more details. smile

Last edited by metak (2014-05-30 07:04:42)

#46 2014-05-30 07:14:32

rAX

Thanks @metak everything is set up.

(python2-scipy is also missing from deepin-music-player)

#47 2014-05-30 09:38:30

Archer1X
Website

As you can see, I finally made it..
Deepin_Screenshot20140531053113.jpg
The only thing that bug me is the Deepin Movie Player.. I consistently crashed.. Below is the log:

Xlib.protocol.request.QueryExtension
2014-05-31 05:32:55,098 - DMovie - INFO - set movie_file 
file:///usr/share/deepin-movie/main.qml:38:5: Type OpenFileDialog unavailable 
         OpenFileDialog { 
         ^
file:///usr/share/deepin-movie/OpenFileDialog.qml:2:1: module "QtQuick.Dialogs" is not installed 
     import QtQuick.Dialogs 1.0 
     ^
2014-05-31 05:32:55,308 - DMovie - INFO - set movie_file 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deepin-movie", line 128, in <module>
    windowView.windowStateChanged.connect(windowView.rootObject().monitorWindowState)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'monitorWindowState' 

Other than that, Deepin Control Center also can't be loaded..

Arch Linux all the way..

#48 2014-05-30 09:58:50

metak

@rAX

Thanx. Added.

Archer1X wrote:

Other than that, Deepin Control Center also can't be loaded..

For deepin-movie install 'qt5-quickcontrols' (I'll add it to deps..)... what's the output of control center and what version are you using?

Edit: it will probably also fix control center...

Last edited by metak (2014-05-30 10:36:01)

#49 2014-06-01 11:11:49

VenomGameworld

Hi,
I've installed DDE using: pacman -S deepin compiz-ubuntu.
Afterwards I've added "exec startdde" in .xinitrc and start the DE manually (using startx).
When it starts I see the wallpaper, but after a second or 2 the screen turns black though I have a mouse pointer and desktop icons.
The DDE dock isn't visible, but appears to be running (ps -aux). Can this be a Compiz related problem?
Windows have no window decorations even though this is configured in ccsm.
Do you have a clue what the problem might be?

#50 2014-06-01 12:23:16

rAX

@VenomGameworld

I think that <super> worked for me, try launching CCSM from there. Or click on the desktop > open terminal and launch it. And then enable the desired plugins.

Board footer