You are not logged in.

#1 2014-05-31 13:52:44

zacariaz

[solved?] Issues with Lenovo Ideapad Y500 / dual Nvidia GT 650m

Hi there.

I'm the not so proud owner of the Lenovo Ideapad Y500, and only just recently I've figured out how to use the proprietary driver without issues..

The solution was fairly simple, though I did not know of it, involving the "rcutree.rcu_idle_gp_delay=1" kernel parameter to avoid crashing and this article, to avoid excessive screen tearing. However, there is a catch. I had to remove the secondary graphics card for the kernel parameter solution to work and though it isn't really that much of a problem, it is pretty damned annoying, thus I'm asking now, if anyone has any idea how this problem may be solved.

Obviously I haven't got a clue what the problem might be, so please feel free to instruct me in obtaining any further information you may need.

Also Optimus/bumblebee should not be relevant for this particular device.

Best regards.

Edit:
Please disregard this post for now. I tried plugin in the secondary graphics card one last time, and now for some odd reason, it seems to work just fine. I'm going to try messed around a bit with sli and perhaps that with mke everything go haywire, in which case I shall return, otherwise, expect me when you see me. wink

Last edited by zacariaz (2014-05-31 15:32:03)

I am a philosopher, of sorts, not a troll or an imbecile.
My apologies that this is not always obvious, despite my best efforts.

Board footer