You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-14 16:44:19

TheAmazingSarcastic

[Solved] Lenovo y50 clickpad gestures

Greetings all,

I recently bought a lenovo y50 and went through hell trying to get arch to work on this. Well, after I have everything running nicely, I noticed that the touchpad/clickpad will not respond to multitouch (e.g. no two-finger scroll). I have tried all the drivers on the touchpad and synaptics archwiki pages as well as the settings in both cinnamon and gnome. Nothing seems to change the behavior. Does anyone have any ideas? My hardware shows as Elantech hardware.

SOLUTION:

Find comment #137 from HERE and follow the instructions

This fixed worked for me! Everything works perfect!

Last edited by TheAmazingSarcastic (2014-07-25 00:16:27)

#2 2014-06-19 16:14:32

TouchMyBox

Re: [Solved] Lenovo y50 clickpad gestures

Hey, my Y50 is about to arrive any moment now. Hearing that you went through hell to get arch running nicely has me a little concerned, do you have any pro-tips?

smile

I'll let you know if I have any luck with multi-touch.

Last edited by TouchMyBox (2014-06-19 16:15:29)

#3 2014-07-04 20:33:52

TheAmazingSarcastic

Sorry for the late response. My two biggest issues with it were 1. Getting the UEFI to recognize a UEFI bootable usb. Many times it wouldn't detect it. and 2. Configuring it with Windows 8.1. A pro tip, if you have it available, is to wipe the entire hard drive then install Arch first, then Windows. It is working for me great. When you update arch, is sometimes screws up the grub so you have to chroot into your instillation and re-upgrade and reinstall grub. Thats what worked for me (e.g. alloc magic is broken).

#4 2014-07-19 14:10:07

subraizada3

There is a solution for multitouch here, but they used a backported 3.16 kernel (which seems weird because the latest kernel I have is 3.15.5 on Arch)...
http://forum.notebookreview.com/ideapad … hread.html

Do any of you have the touchscreen variant? I ordered the touchscreen one and it should arrive in the first week of August.

#5 2014-07-24 21:41:01

TheAmazingSarcastic

subraizada3 wrote:

There is a solution for multitouch here, but they used a backported 3.16 kernel (which seems weird because the latest kernel I have is 3.15.5 on Arch)...

Do any of you have the touchscreen variant? I ordered the touchscreen one and it should arrive in the first week of August.

I have the touchscreen variant. It works pretty well, but doesn't detect multitouch. When pressing on the screen it registers as a mouse click+mouse movement, which is how windows 8.1 works.

#6 2014-07-24 23:20:49

subraizada3

TheAmazingSarcastic wrote:
subraizada3 wrote:

I have the touchscreen variant. It works pretty well, but doesn't detect multitouch. When pressing on the screen it registers as a mouse click+mouse movement, which is how windows 8.1 works.

Well, detecting one touch is better than it not working at all.
Mine got delayed twice, now it's scheduled to ship on August 15 and arrive on the 22nd (2 days after I start school, which is what I bought it for...) (I ordered on June 29). I'm pretty sure Lenovo will delay it again neutral

Last edited by subraizada3 (2014-07-24 23:21:00)

#7 2014-07-25 00:21:13

TheAmazingSarcastic

subraizada3 wrote:
TheAmazingSarcastic wrote:
subraizada3 wrote:

Well, detecting one touch is better than it not working at all.
Mine got delayed twice, now it's scheduled to ship on August 15 and arrive on the 22nd (2 days after I start school, which is what I bought it for...) (I ordered on June 29). I'm pretty sure Lenovo will delay it again neutral

Dang. Well hopefully it doesn't get caught it customs like mine did (assuming you are in USA). Customs held mine for two weeks! it took a month and a half after I placed the order to get it. Good luck! And by the way, I edited the OP with the solution.

Board footer