You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-15 23:51:27

nibblebot

Recommended list of image services for image longevity?

I am a fan of screenshot threads but I get sad when I see image links to ompldr or dropbox which are inevitably broken.
Presumably Arch servers cannot handle the image bandwidth so we must depend on third party services.

Perhaps we should compile a list of recommended services to upload to and also actively discourage services like Dropbox, whose links seem to be dead (because user delete/moved the source?).

Imgur looks like it will survive for a while but I hate their interface to view full resolution images, so I probably wouldn't recommend them.

What do you guys recommend?

#2 2014-06-16 00:38:07

drcouzelis
Website

Re: Recommended list of image services for image longevity?

nibblebot wrote:

Imgur looks like it will survive for a while but I hate their interface to view full resolution images, so I probably wouldn't recommend them.

When I upload pictures to imgur, I just make the link point to the image itself.

It's easy to do. Just add "i." before "imgur.com" and add the original filename extension (such as ".png") to the end.

#3 2014-06-16 00:50:24

progandy

I like the services provided by abload.de. Since the interface is in german, it might not be a good choice for all of you.

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#4 2014-06-16 01:22:15

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

postimage.org

scrots I posted more than two years ago are still there; not to say they won't be gone tomorrow, but there you go.

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer