You are not logged in.

#1 2003-11-22 01:45:43

contrasutra

mozilla firebird crashes

Firebird will randomly crash, not on any particular website, but it will just die. No errors or anything.

Now, I dont think its an issue with the firebird package, because it just recently started. I think it may be a problem with another (recently changed) package.

Anyone have any ideas or had this problem?

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."

#2 2003-11-22 02:03:35

sarah31
Website

Re: mozilla firebird crashes

so there is nothing in common with crashes at all (ie java, flash, ssl, etc)?

i have firebird up constantly and have not noticed anything new except two "are you sure you want to?" or "do you want to?" popups when i only used tio get one (i think this is ssl related though).

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2003-11-22 02:52:20

contrasutra

Well, the main sites it crashes on are freshmeat.net, sourceforge.net, and the TUR website. Its not really consistant though.

But it has also crashed when not at those websites.

"Contrary to popular belief, penguins are not the salvation of modern technology.  Neither do they throw parties for the urban proletariat."

#4 2003-11-22 03:01:22

red_over_blue

I'll second some rather interesting firebird behavious lately.  It seems firebird just decides all at once that it is no longer going to accept any keyboard input.  This appears to happen completely randomly, and only started a couple weeks ago.

Don't forget to post your PKGBUILD in your thread when you announce a new package in incoming.
see HERE for details

#5 2003-11-22 03:31:44

deepfreeze

I've been using firebird extensively and haven't noticed a single problem.  Of course, right after I post this, it will mysteriously crash  :twisted:

My hovercraft is full of eels.

#6 2003-11-22 17:11:01

contrasutra

Well, Ive given up and just switched to stock Mozilla. Most of my work is done through the web, and it crashing is just too annoying.

#7 2003-11-25 06:05:19

sud_crow
Website

mmmm....
I was just thinking in going the other way (switch from mozilla to firebird), guess i will have to test it a bit before making it my primary browser...

Leonardo Andrés Gallego
www.archlinux-es.org || Comunidad Hispana de Arch Linux

Board footer