You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-21 04:52:30

gyanu

Problem installing archlinux on macbook pro retina

Currently i don't have ethernet cable but i would like to install archlinux on my macbook machine. I face a problem that i will need to install broadcom-wl or broadcom-wl-dkms,  on either case i will need linux-headers for that kernel which seems missing in bootable archlinux made from archlinux-2014.06.01-dual.iso. Now linux-header package available in repository is  new version i.e linux-headers-3.15.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz. I don't know how can i enable my wireless driver and install archlinux? Why installation media is so abstract that it is very difficult without internet. Is there some good iso file available and i am not sure about manjaro distribution having their own repository.

#2 2014-06-21 05:31:42

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Problem installing archlinux on macbook pro retina

Download the files you need and copy them to a USB; install them with pacman -U.

Manjaro is not Arch: if you want help with that, ask on the Manjaro boards.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2014-06-21 12:31:30

gyanu

Re: Problem installing archlinux on macbook pro retina

Thanks for your response. I have downloaded the files from base-devel group and i can install them but I am not able to install linux-headers for particular kernel in bootable usb as i will need to build broadcom-wl from AUR first. Can i install all files in hard disk without using 

pacstrap -i /mnt base base-devel

safely.

Board footer