You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-26 12:28:45

David López

[SOLVED] systemctl suspend doesn't work (instant wake up)

When I execute 'systemctl suspend' the screen goes black, but system wakes up after a couple of seconds. Here's the dmesg output after systemctl suspend: http://pastebin.com/XFRdveU6

To be honest, I can't barely understand dmesg messages. I've searched in internet for similar problems, and it could be that wifi card auto wakes up the system. Mine is Marvell AVASTAR 350N Wireless Network 88W8797

One of the solutions I've seen is adding 'nomodeset' option to grub, but my system doesn't start with nomodeset.

I've also read about changing /proc/acpi/wakeup. Mine is http://pastebin.com/txhmHEYv I've edited that file and changed EHC1, EHC2 and XHC from 'enabled' to 'disabled', but nothing seems to happen (moreover, the wakeup file auto-reenable EHC1 and XHC).

I'm not sure if it's relevant, I'm using archlinux 64bits with lxde and openbox in a microsoft surface pro with dual boot with windows 8

Last edited by David López (2014-06-30 15:24:36)

#2 2014-06-27 12:38:25

Rexilion

Re: [SOLVED] systemctl suspend doesn't work (instant wake up)

Maybe rmmod the xhci and ehci drivers and try again?

fs/super.c : "Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...\n",

#3 2014-06-30 15:23:59

David López

Re: [SOLVED] systemctl suspend doesn't work (instant wake up)

Rexilion wrote:

Maybe rmmod the xhci and ehci drivers and try again?

I can suspend after 'rmmod xhci_hcd', but re-enabling xhci module with 'modprobe xhci-hcd' breaks the suspension again. However I've found a tricky solution:

- 'rmmod xhci_hcd' to disable xhci
- 'systemctl suspend' xhci to suspend the tablet
- press power button to wake the tablet
- 'modprobe xhci-hcd' to re-enable xhci
- 'netctl start my-net' to connect the wifi card to internet

After this 5 steps I can suspend/wake up without issues. The trick is suspending the first time BEFORE RE-ENABLE xhci. Then no need to rmmod/modprobe and netctl to connect to internet every time I want to suspend, only once is needed.

It's not a perfect solution, but it IS a solution, so I'll mark this problem as solved. Thanks for your help, Rexilion

Board footer