You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-05 18:16:32

Ekkoria

Cinnamon background changer will not load background images

Hello,

Since about yesterday (when I did a pacman -Syu), the cinnamon background changer refuses to load any images to change the background to. When I run cinnamon-settings from a terminal and select backgrounds, the following occurs:

Loading Backgrounds module
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Blinds.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Bokeh_Tails.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Chmiri.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Dark_Ivy.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Fabric.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Flowerbed.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/FootFall.png: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Locked.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Mirror.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Road.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Sandstone.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Stones.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Terraform-green.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Waves.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/backgrounds/gnome/Whispy_Tails.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /usr/share/themes/Adwaita/backgrounds/morning.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'
Failed to convert /home/evan/.cinnamon/backgrounds/hd-wallpapers.jpg: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'mode'

So I'm assuming it's somehow not properly loading the images. I can't add any images manually either, since once I do it gives this error for that image as well.
I can provide a list of the packages updated. Cinnamon was not one of them and downgrading Cinnamon did not help.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Ekkoria (2014-07-05 18:59:30)

#2 2014-07-05 19:35:26

loqs

Re: Cinnamon background changer will not load background images

Possibly a change in python2-pillow
Possible fix in /usr/lib/cinnamon-settings/bin/imtools.py line 862
Change from

if source == mask:

to

if mask and source == mask:

#3 2014-07-05 21:03:37

Ekkoria

That did the trick, all right! Thanks for the help! I can't find a bug report on this, so I'm going to make one using the fix you suggested if you don't mind

#4 2014-07-05 21:08:15

loqs

Ekkoria wrote:

That did the trick, all right! Thanks for the help! I can't find a bug report on this, so I'm going to make one using the fix you suggested if you don't mind

No problem happy to help.

Board footer