I have problem with xorg-server 1.16 I can not login with Gnome but if I can do it with lxde and when I downgrade to 1.15 if I loguearme with Gnome.
The truth I'm not sure if I'm the only one with this problem, but I see no solution anywhere.
Last edited by kabbalah (2014-07-25 17:10:38)
From arch-dev-public mailing:
The new version comes with the following changes:
* X is now rootless with the help of systemd-logind, this also means that it must be launched from the same virtual terminal as was used to log in. Please note that launching X through a login-manager (gdm, kdm, ...) doesn't yet
provide rootless access. The old root execution behavior can be restored through the Xorg.wrap config file (man xorg.wrap).
* Better glamor accelerated rendering, deprecating glamor-egl package.
* A new package xorg-server-xwayland that allows running X applications inside a wayland session.
* The xf86-video-intel package doesn't yet provide dri3 support because of multiple rendering bugs.
Could someone please guide me through this report on the steps to resolve the situation.
Since you gave us nothing at all to go on, it's really hard to give you any kind of advice.
I use testing repo, but, the idea is that I would like to be clear on this point and if it happens (as has happened with Gnome and gdm) give solution.
- X is now rootless with the help of systemd-logind, this also means that it must be launched from the same virtual terminal as was used to log in. If not do so is going to fail -
Thanks for any light
Ok, Before upgrading from testing follow the instructions on the wiki specifically archlinux X Start At Login ..
Note: These solutions run X on the same tty used to login, which is required in order to maintain the login session.
For Bash, add the following to the bottom of ~/.bash_profile. If the file does not exist, copy a skeleton version from /etc/skel/.bash_profile.
This is what that I add in this file according to the wiki
[[ -z $DISPLAY && $XDG_VTNR -eq 1 ]] && exec startx
Then I did the upgrade and everything worked perfectly
Does this works with closed drivers? I used before this update user-session-units and xorg-launch-helper, now my setup doesn't work, how should I now start xorg at boot to login directly to my user?
See if this can help you in any way.