You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-31 00:24:04

Firephyz

Can't Access Windows and Storage Paritions

I've been trying to figure out how to access partitions on my system other than the Arch Linux partition. I am currently using KDE and I suspect the problem my arise from here. If I just boot into a console or open up one with Ctrl+Alt+F2, I can manually mount and access all drives. Additionally, if I am logged into KDE as root, I can still access all drives. The problem only appears when I attempt to access the drives as a user. I have given the user all administrative privileges. When I click on the drive to access it, however, Dolphin prompts me for a password. Naturally, I enter the password I use for the root user but that seems to be the wrong password. After a few more attempts with different passwords, I get an error saying:
"An error occurred while accessing '60.0 GiB Hard Drive', the system responded: An unspecified error has occurred: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken."
I don't know why I would be blocked from accessing this drive especially since I have the root password.

#2 2014-07-31 04:04:29

ArchWA

Re: Can't Access Windows and Storage Paritions

It's asking for your user password; not the root password.

Is your user account in the sudo group?

Board footer