You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-05 08:38:18

fredbezies

Cannot synchronize my google calendar account with evolution.

Hello.

Since last upgrade of evolution-data-server, I cannot synchronize anymore my google calendar datas. I thought it was related to my computer, but when I made a clean install of archlinux with gnome in a VirtualBox machine, I got the same problem : Evolution dropdown menu is empty. No more tasks listed.

I opened evolution and get this error message :

"Unable to connect to "Agenda": Unable to open the calendar: Authentication Required"

I opened a bug report here : https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/41416

Anybody see this too ?

#2 2014-08-05 15:00:16

fredbezies

Re: Cannot synchronize my google calendar account with evolution.

Some news : every package are up to date.

1) I tried downgrading libtasn (which is related to authentication). No effect.
2) I tried rebuilding software depending on new libtasn. No effect.
3) I cleaned up my profile. No effect.

Any idea before I have to dump gnome to /dev/null ?

#3 2014-08-14 10:42:08

tghosgor

I have the same problem. It randomly works for a while after I add the account, then stops at some point.

Last edited by tghosgor (2014-08-14 10:42:27)

#4 2014-08-14 10:51:12

fredbezies

Only workaround I found for now :

This bug is triggered when you're trying to synchronize a google calendar set up with online account wizard.

If you add by hand a google calendar account, display is working again. Weird !

I noticed that when I followed this howto : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ev … l_Calendar

#5 2014-09-21 21:21:40

jon.pza

I was messing with this again today, and received an email from Google stating that they had blocked access to my account from a "less secure app" and pointed me to this link: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6010255 There's nothing there telling us how to make evolution considered to be a "more secure app" that "follows modern security standards", so it really is a largely useless document, and methinks possibly Google is considering anything outside of their suite of apps to be "less secure", but at least it's a step in the direction of an answer I suppose.

#6 2014-09-21 21:56:04

cris9288

I was having this problem for a while before it started working again recently. I use the gnome-unstable repo so maybe there's something there that fixed it. As a workaround before, I just added the calendar from within evolution and turned off calendar syncing in Gnome Online Accounts.

#7 2014-09-29 18:37:03

barchiesi

fredbezies wrote:

This bug is triggered when you're trying to synchronize a google calendar set up with online account wizard.

I noticed that when I followed this howto : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ev … l_Calendar

Does the calendar in the gnome-shell panel work that way?

#8 2014-09-29 20:03:06

cris9288

barchiesi wrote:
fredbezies wrote:

yes it does. You'll be adding the calendar to evolution-data-server which is what the calendar in the panel reads from. Why not just test it out?

#9 2014-09-29 20:12:02

barchiesi

cris9288 wrote:
barchiesi wrote:
fredbezies wrote:

yes it does. You'll be adding the calendar to evolution-data-server which is what the calendar in the panel reads from. Why not just test it out?

Good question. I haven't figured out if I like evolution yet (I liked thunderbirds opening emails in a tab and the easy of temporarily showing images in an email) and as cris9288 pointed out it will probably fix itself in the next couple of weeks as GNOME 3.14 gets moved out of testing.

#10 2014-10-17 00:40:44

djwave28

This is not a solution, but I did find out that disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet does reset the state of the google account into active. After doing this step my Evolution mail client is not crying at me and synchronizes fine.

#11 2014-10-17 05:49:42

fredbezies

djwave28 wrote:

This is not a solution, but I did find out that disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet does reset the state of the google account into active. After doing this step my Evolution mail client is not crying at me and synchronizes fine.

This is not an anwser, but a dirty workaround. How useful to reset your internet connection every single day. Where I live, I have an illimited connection and a fixed IP... So, not an answer at all.

Board footer