You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-05 15:34:26

RichAustin

[SOLVED] Enlightenment "Run Everything" in Gnome or equivalent

HI All

Recently I have been playing around with Enlightenment and love some things about it. For me, probably because I don't know enough about the environment it proved not to be something I can use day to day - yet. One of the main things I really like is the Run Everything option, especially that I can tie it to a key sequence e.g. Ctrl / Esc and it pops up with what looks a bit like Ubuntu's Dash, but miles better - essentially a launcher.

So, is there any way I can get "Run Everything" to work in Gnome, or is there an equivalent - I've had a look around but didn't find anything exactly like it.

Richard

Last edited by RichAustin (2014-08-07 06:44:06)

#2 2014-08-05 17:36:11

runical

Re: [SOLVED] Enlightenment "Run Everything" in Gnome or equivalent

For GNOME there is the META key that is bound to the dash. I think it also searches files. Otherwise take a look at programs like Gnome Do. I don't know if you can run Enlightenment modules in a gnome session (probably, but I don't think it will be easy)

EDIT: To run enlightenment modules, you'll have to figure out how they are launched in enlightenment. Maybe you can poke around the cli a bit and find how it works.

Last edited by runical (2014-08-05 17:46:08)

#3 2014-08-07 06:43:49

RichAustin

Re: [SOLVED] Enlightenment "Run Everything" in Gnome or equivalent

I ended up installing Gnome Do, thanks for the suggestion runical. Enlightenment seems to have theing like Everything in  module's, but I couldn't find a way of executing one from Gnome. Terminology works fine though. I'm marking the thread as Solved because there is so little info' about Enlightenment on the Net, it certainly isn't the Arch Wiki!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read
Richard

Board footer