You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-22 13:42:19

kurt

kmail - Passwords (no kwallet)

I would like to have kmail to ask me for the passwords to my 4 imap accounts every time I start kmail and then remember them until I close kmail (so no additional prompts for mail checking etc) and I want to do this without using kwallet. Is it possible?

Cheers

#2 2014-08-23 01:21:08

Buddlespit

Re: kmail - Passwords (no kwallet)

Go to System Settings-->Personal Information, modify each imap you have and remove the password. That will force you to type in your password, but I don't know if it'll save it or not. And you can turn off Kwallet in Account Details-->KDE Wallet, uncheck 'Enable the KDE wallet subsystem'.

#3 2014-08-23 07:52:44

kurt

Buddlespit wrote:

Go to System Settings-->Personal Information, modify each imap you have and remove the password. That will force you to type in your password, but I don't know if it'll save it or not. And you can turn off Kwallet in Account Details-->KDE Wallet, uncheck 'Enable the KDE wallet subsystem'.

Nope - Doesn't remember the password. Keeps prompting for a password every 5 minutes or so (every check).

I haven't even got kwallet installed.

Seems like they are forcing the user to use kwallet even though they don't want to. So much for KDE's vaunted user's choice.

Back to Thunderbird it is then.

#4 2014-08-23 11:11:29

Soukyuu

You could configure kwallet to close the wallet after all programs using it close down. That should make it prompt you when you start kmail, and re-prompt you should you close and reopen it.

[ Arch x86_64 | linux | Framework 13 | AMD Ryzen™ 5 7640U | 32GB RAM | KDE Plasma Wayland ]

Board footer