You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-28 21:15:44

yourealwaysbe

Section on touchscreen applications

I was thinking it might be reasonable to have a page collecting together various user packages for touchscreen use, in addition to the Touchscreen/Touchscreen Calibration pages that concentrate on quite a low level.

This might include a list of X11 touchscreen packages (e.g. easystroke and touchegg) as well as on-screen keyboards, and other applications with touch-friendly features (such as evince for document viewing and cantata for mpd).  Plus, of course, an overview of touch-friendliness of the popular window managers.

One reason for doing this is that i didn't expect touchscreens to work well at all under Linux (and i guess i'm not the only one).  Having a list of packages gives a glance of the state of things, and would show that a touchscreen is reasonably well supported, at least at the user level.

Apologies if this is not the place to bring this up.  I'd be willing to make a start on the page, but am a bit too much of a newbie to be confident about knowing how to integrate it with the rest of the wiki.

#2 2014-08-29 13:32:10

kynikos
Wiki Admin

Re: Section on touchscreen applications

Please do some research first.
For example there's already Touchegg; many lists of packages are already in List of applications; Touchscreen and Calibrating Touchscreen are marked for being merged together, maybe you'd like to work on that?
Then, if you want to discuss changes to a wiki article, you should use an appropriate talk page on the wiki, otherwise you'll exclude from the conversation the wiki users who don't follow the forums.
Keep in mind that in the wiki we try our best to avoid duplicating content: your contribution is very welcome, but if what you add is already described somewhere else, it will have to be removed or merged, wasting your effort and somebody elese's.

Board footer