You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-04 02:40:36

Lord_Sunday123

Bluetooth problems on Cinnamon Desktop but not on Gnome 3 desktop

Hey, I just got a new phone, and since its android, it works with Linux (iphone didnt). as far as bluetooth goes. I tested this in gnome. However, there is no option to use bluetooth in Cinnamon, my main DE. There is no option in my settings for bluetooth, and starting cinnamon-settings via command line gives me an error about there not being a bluetooth module. It was suggested that I use cinnamon-bluetooth, but I know that I've been able to use it before without that, and if possible I'd like to not use it as its known to be incompatible with Gnome 3.10+

I also visited this page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth and read all the information, as well as reinstalled gnome-control-center gnome-shell and gnome-bluetooth. Those I had forced the uninstall, then reinstalled. I also reinstalled xdg-user-dirs (not forced this time) then ran xdg-user-dirs-update. This had no obvious action.

Its also worth noting that the bluetooth applet is also gone under my cinnamon session, and doesnt appear in the list of applets in the settings. The exact error I get when running Cinnamon Settings via terminal is below:

[avery@avery ~]$ cinnamon-settings
Could not find bluetooth module; is the cinnamon-control-center package installed?
__init__ took 73.003 ms

Can anyone help? I'm a bit lost, and googling hasn't produced any useful results.

#2 2014-09-04 12:03:45

trensvex

Re: Bluetooth problems on Cinnamon Desktop but not on Gnome 3 desktop

firstly, ensure the bluetooth dependencies are installed. You may need to try bluetoothctl. I know with my eeepc bluetooth is, by default, turned off. I have to do the following.

bluetoothctl
power on
scan on
connect

It's all listed in https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth. Also, with android there is a program called aafm that you may need after you are connected.

Board footer