midixinga

announcemnet to networkd article in the wiki

I tried today, and I need this config "both" instead of "yes":

/etc/systemd/network/MyDhcp.network

[Match]
Name=en*

[Network]
DHCP=both

Last edited by midixinga (2014-09-04 20:30:51)

#2 2014-09-04 16:50:58

drcouzelis
Website

Re: announcemnet to networkd article in the wiki

Although I don't have a solution, I'll add some clarification:

I assume you want "DHCP" to be used for both v4 and v6, correct?

It does look like some of the information on that wiki page is wrong. In one section it says to use "DHCP=yes" and in another section it says it "accepts both, none, v4 or v6".

Also, that might be the worst name of a thread I've ever seen before. wink

#3 2014-09-04 17:09:56

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Please fix your title to be something meaninful.  As is it seems to be a reference to relevant information - that link should be in the body of your post, though I think drcouzelis has taken care of that part for you.  We cannot click through links in the title - and even if we could, that is an incomplete link.

As for the post - you should thank drcouzelis for at least partially resolving this for you as well - you really need to tell us what the heck is going on and what kind of help you want.  You tried something?  OK, why?  For what purpose?  How did it go?  Is this a solution others might find useful, or is it a problem you want help with?

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#4 2014-09-04 18:08:30

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

The man page has the definitive answer; you could have checked there before posting here.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#5 2014-09-04 20:29:42

midixinga

drcouzelis wrote:

Although I don't have a solution,

Oh, it was not a question, it was just an announcement for this article https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd-networkd.

It does look like some of the information on that wiki page is wrong. In one section it says to use "DHCP=yes" and in another section it says it "accepts both, none, v4 or v6".

Thanks for clarification

Also, that might be the worst name of a thread I've ever seen before. wink

I didn't know, that's not possible to enter Hyperlinks in the subject; i'll change it ! And I need no thread for this; I'm slightly surprised

@Trilby and Jasonwryan (did you answer me ?): Sorry, english ist not my native language, I don' know what's going on with Wiki and can't answer your questions.

Last edited by midixinga (2014-09-04 20:34:42)

#6 2014-09-04 20:38:22

lahwaacz
Wiki Admin

midixinga wrote:

Oh, it was not a question, it was just an announcement for this article https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd-networkd.

Thanks for the corrections, however next time please use the talk page of the article on the wiki for the "announcement". It does exist for a reason...

Board footer