You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-12 14:24:23

ArchLinux20020

[SOLVED] lsblk shows loop0, loop1, loop2

I have installed incorrectly according to EFI and not UEFI.
I have deleted the generic partitions sda1, sda2, sda3, sda4 so that I can start all over fresh.

However 3 loop partitions are showing after running lsblk and I do not recall them being there the first time around, I am also unable to delete them.

I have tried to delete via

fdisk /dev/loop0

/dev/loop0: device contains a valid 'squashfs' signature, it's strongly recommended to wipe the device by command wipefs(8) if this setup is unexpected to avoid possible collisions

fdisk /dev/loop1

/dev/loop1: device contains a valid 'ext4' signature, it's strongly recommended to wipe the device by command wipefs(8) if this setup is unexpected to avoid possible collisions

wipefs(8)

The partition table has been altered, calling ioctl() to re-read the partition talbe
Re-reading the partition table failed.: Invalid argument

The kernel still uses the old table. The new table will be used at the next reboot or after you run partprobe(8) or kpartx(8)

fdisk /dev/loop2

/dev/loop1: device contains a valid 'ext4' signature, it's strongly recommended to wipe the device by command wipefs(8) if this setup is unexpected to avoid possible collisions

wipefs(8)

The partition table has been altered, calling ioctl() to re-read the partition talbe
Re-reading the partition table failed.: Invalid argument

The kernel still uses the old table. The new table will be used at the next reboot or after you run partprobe(8) or kpartx(8)

Another issue I have noticed is when in my BIOS, I have a extra boot drive to boot from called UEFI : ASUS DRW-24B1ST c (573mb).

Is this linked to the loop partitions.

How can I sort out these issues?

Regards

Last edited by ArchLinux20020 (2014-09-12 15:12:29)

#2 2014-09-12 15:12:59

ArchLinux20020

Re: [SOLVED] lsblk shows loop0, loop1, loop2

I think these are apart of the CD img file from arch, which explains why I cannot delete them.

I have marked as solved, however if I am wrong please correct me.

Thanks

Board footer