You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-14 20:13:49

mumo

lxqt + kwin5 = missing window decoration

hi there,

coming from compiz standalone i just wanted to try out lxqt with kwin5 as window manager. I'd like to have an actively developed DE with some effects and try to keep it as lightweight as possible.
Installation was straight forward. I grabbed kwin-git from AUR and compiled it with '-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr \'. Seems to me the binary I should use would be '/usr/bin/kwin_x11'?

'/usr/bin/kwin_x11 --replace' actually leaves me with some fancy kwin-effects (all of which I have no idea where to configure them) but no window decorations. Terminal output states oxygen theme could not have been found.

Various threads throughout the internet suggest to paste 'export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/usr/etc/xdg:/etc/xdg' into .bashrc which doesn't seem to do anything?! I got no idea where to go from here and would really appreciate your help smile

thank you very much. smile

#2 2014-09-14 20:30:54

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: lxqt + kwin5 = missing window decoration

mumo wrote:

Terminal output states oxygen theme could not have been found

Have you installed the Oxygen theme?
The kwin effects are configured from the "KDE system settings" in the "Preferences" section.
2014_09_14_213308_1920x1080_scrot.jpg

Last edited by Head_on_a_Stick (2014-09-14 20:34:02)

#3 2014-09-14 21:16:59

mumo

Wow. Thank you. Who could have known you need to install oxygen seperately? big_smile

But to be honest I would rather not go with oxygen. I would prefer some simple design like 'breeze': http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/

Does anyone know what's the deal with kdecoration2? If I understand correctly it will actually be built into kwin? Is there a chance to test it out right now? Seems to be more ressource-friendly also?!

As configuring KWin's settings is concerned: My LXQT-menu won't show 'KDE Settings' - although I installed 'systemsettings'. I also cannot manage to find the corresponding binary sad

thanks again. If somebody could help me out further, I would really appreciate it smile

#4 2014-09-14 21:30:52

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Breeze

mumo wrote:

My LXQT-menu won't show 'KDE Settings'

kdebase-workspace

#5 2014-09-14 22:36:09

arojas
Developer

mumo wrote:

Does anyone know what's the deal with kdecoration2? If I understand correctly it will actually be built into kwin? Is there a chance to test it out right now? Seems to be more ressource-friendly also?!

It's not even in git master yet. You would need to compile the kdecoration2 branches of kwin and breeze

Board footer