You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-23 11:16:09

darwell.j

Mount & Blade: Warband

Hey guys,

just bought Warband via Humble Store (it's pretty good deal right now for it). Installed it via Steam but cannot get it to launch. There were a few missing deps but the one I stuck with is libcurl. I've install lib32-libcurl-gnutls but this is the error I get when trying to start the game:

./mb_warband_linux: /usr/lib32/libcurl-gnutls.so.4: version `CURL_GNUTLS_3' not found (required by ./mb_warband_linux)

I cannot find libcurl3 in AUR or any other place for Arch Linux. Can anyone help me start the game?

Thanks

#2 2014-09-26 17:40:15

Darkcloud

Re: Mount & Blade: Warband

If you want to launch MB:W from the commandline, you have to use mb_warband.sh and adjust it (as the default one isn't working either).
Otherwise it's unable to find the libraries that come with Steam.

#!/bin/sh

STEAM_RT="${HOME}/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386"
PROGRAM_DIRECTORY="`dirname "$0"`"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${STEAM_RT}/lib/i386-linux-gnu:${STEAM_RT}/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:${PROGRAM_DIRECTORY}"

"$PROGRAM_DIRECTORY/mb_warband_linux" "$@"

#3 2014-09-29 08:59:55

darwell.j

Thanks, Darkcloud! Actually, I just understood that launching the game from Steam actually worked from the beginning - it just open unresponsive window. I thought that there is some deps missing but I just needed to wait a couple of minutes and the game launched successfully.

I'm still playing the game on wine because of a few issues:

1. Keyboard controls work but I cannot type anything in the input fiels (name, serial number, multiplayer name, etc).
2. On the map view, I cannot rotate the map using right mouse button.

#4 2014-09-30 18:34:59

Darkcloud

darwell.j wrote:

1. Keyboard controls work but I cannot type anything in the input fiels (name, serial number, multiplayer name, etc).
2. On the map view, I cannot rotate the map using right mouse button.

Actually, now that's the case here too.
Can't remember that rotating using the right mouse button ever worked. But the input fields used to work at some point.
Don't know when - and why (which would be more important) - that stopped working.
Haven't played MB:W for some time...

Board footer