You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-30 07:59:28

Fincer

[SOLVED] Can't get rid of a wine-polluted text file icon [KDE]

Hello folks,

For some reason, my KDE system likes to use a Wine program based icon for all text files when I'm using a Faenza theme. The problem occurs only for my user (not root) so I think this is an user-specific issue.

I've already checked .local/share/icons folder for matching icon images. I found one which was named "text-plain.png", being equally the same "W-space" icon image as shown in the picture below. Thus I removed this png file from all necessary subfolders (22, 24, 32, 48...), so as far as I can think, there should not be any traces for the old icon image left. I've already re-checked all folders which I think are relevant to the issue. In addition, I've updated icon cache by using gtk-update-icon-cache and kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental commands. However, the system seems to disagree with me and the annoying icon appears still in text file icons.

The problem appears practically like in the following picture:

textfile_icons.jpg

W-space icon image is very likely related to Adobe Photoshop which I've installed on my PlayonLinux installation (.PlayonLinux/wineprefix/photoshop). I still don't understand by which logic the system decides to use this W-space image for text files.

I wonder if I need to take further steps to get rid of this annoying icon. Am I missing something? All I want is that KDE would use basic Faenza icon for text files. Any hints are welcome!

Thank you!

Last edited by Fincer (2014-09-30 11:30:43)

#2 2014-09-30 11:30:15

Fincer

Re: [SOLVED] Can't get rid of a wine-polluted text file icon [KDE]

Allright, this was, after all, a very simple issue. As expected.

I simply removed file /var/tmp/kdecache-fincer/icon-cache.kcache, rebooted the system and all icons are fine now.

Topic marked as solved.

Last edited by Fincer (2014-09-30 11:30:58)

#3 2015-06-25 12:39:47

Floux

Hi,

I have the same problem since a few months and I cannot get rid of it. I tried your tip while having KDE session closed and KDM stopped but it does not works hmm I tried multiple times, rebooted, retried...

If someone has another idea it could be great !

Thanks

#4 2015-06-25 14:04:31

CodyFagley

This thread was marked as Solved.  You will get much more attention if you start a new thread detailing your problem again.

Last edited by CodyFagley (2015-06-25 14:06:22)

AMD FX8350 | 2 TB HDD | 8 GB Ram | Nvidia GTX-750 | Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Mobo | CoduxArch OS

Board footer