You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-14 06:15:37

Tyris

missing usb drivers on arch-7.1 iso?

Is it just me or is the arch-7.1.iso image missing kernel drivers for the usb subsystem and cdrom? Actually the whole lib/modules/2.6.15/kernel/drivers directory is missing.

Im trying to install it from CD onto my laptop, and am making no progress. It boots from CDROM fine, but then cant find any media.

manually trying to mount /dev/scd0 does not work either.

I had no such problems with a similar laptop and the same usb-cdrom with version 0.7.0 which Im now downloading and will shortly burn to CD.

Am I missing something here?

thanks
-T

#2 2006-02-17 07:22:27

aquila_deus
Website

Re: missing usb drivers on arch-7.1 iso?

Hi! Just install 0.7.0 and do upgrade. It's no different from 0.7.1.

Tyris wrote:

Is it just me or is the arch-7.1.iso image missing kernel drivers for the usb subsystem and cdrom? Actually the whole lib/modules/2.6.15/kernel/drivers directory is missing.

Im trying to install it from CD onto my laptop, and am making no progress. It boots from CDROM fine, but then cant find any media.

manually trying to mount /dev/scd0 does not work either.

I had no such problems with a similar laptop and the same usb-cdrom with version 0.7.0 which Im now downloading and will shortly burn to CD.

Am I missing something here?

thanks
-T

#3 2006-02-23 06:45:07

Tyris

Re: missing usb drivers on arch-7.1 iso?

Thats pretty much what I ended up doing and it worked well enough.

I had problems moving from my previous 0.7 install since I was using a custom kernel, and my lilo.conf was pointing to /dev/disks/blah/part0 instead of /dev/hda1 -- then it went read only, and several mistakes on my part (including not having a linux-live CD on hand) caused things to go downhill from there.

I had backed up all my data and just reinstalled and CAREFULLY upgraded.

Luckily installing 0.7.1 on my desktop was straightforward.

thanks

-T

Board footer