You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-17 04:19:58

bulletmark
Member
From: Brisbane, Australia
Registered: 2013-10-22
Posts: 714

Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

After today's remmina update from 1.0.0-12 to 1.1.1-2 I find that remmina outputs "Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed" when it starts and when I click on any of my VNC hosts.

I've been using remmina for ages without issue. I can't find any obvious package that I need to install. Any ideas, or is this a bug in the new remmina?

Offline

#2 2014-10-17 04:35:58

bulletmark
Member
From: Brisbane, Australia
Registered: 2013-10-22
Posts: 714

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

So I thought I'd try another VNC client and installed vinagre from Arch extra. When I start vinagre it says:

vinagre: error while loading shared libraries: libfreerdp-core.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Given that freerdp and remmina seem to be packaged on Arch from related sources, I guess this is somewhat related to the remmina issue?

Offline

#3 2014-10-17 07:35:22

pantaril
Member
Registered: 2009-06-03
Posts: 7

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

I have the same issue with remmina. Yesterday VNC hosts worked fine, today i get an error 'Protocol plugin VNC is not installed.'

Offline

#4 2014-10-17 08:45:34

sergej
Package Maintainer (PM)
From: Russia, Voronezh
Registered: 2006-03-21
Posts: 70

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

remmina works for me as VNC client on x86_64.

Offline

#5 2014-10-17 08:52:27

bulletmark
Member
From: Brisbane, Australia
Registered: 2013-10-22
Posts: 714

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

Sergej, you're the arch maintainer for the remmina package aren't you? I am using x86_64 as well. I find that VNC doesn't appear as an option in the gui drop-down list of protocols.

If I start remmina from the command line I see:

Remmina plugin NX (type=Protocol) registered.
Remmina plugin XDMCP (type=Protocol) registered.
Failed to load plugin: /usr/lib/remmina/plugins/remmina-plugin-vnc.so.
Error: libvncclient.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Remmina plugin GKEYRING (type=Secret) registered.
Failed to load plugin: /usr/lib/remmina/plugins/remmina-plugin-rdp.so.
Error: libfreerdp-core.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Remmina plugin telepathy (type=Entry) registered.
Remmina plugin SFTP (type=Protocol) registered.
Remmina plugin SSH (type=Protocol) registered.

Offline

#6 2014-10-17 11:19:47

sergej
Package Maintainer (PM)
From: Russia, Voronezh
Registered: 2006-03-21
Posts: 70

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

$ pkgfile libvncclient.so
extra/libvncserver

You need install it. I'll fix description in remmina optdeps.

Offline

#7 2014-10-17 12:24:46

bulletmark
Member
From: Brisbane, Australia
Registered: 2013-10-22
Posts: 714

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

Thanks. I needed to install community/freerdp to get rid of the other error so you need to add that to you dependencies also. Seems odd to me that a vnc client requires the vnc server package to be installed though?

Offline

#8 2014-11-20 20:50:59

jancici
Member
From: svk
Registered: 2011-12-04
Posts: 194

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

freedrp package just updated and I am not able to run vinagre.

vinagre 
vinagre: error while loading shared libraries: libfreerdp-core.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

any help?

I think that vinagre should be rebuild, need to wait when new package will be available?

Offline

#9 2014-11-20 20:56:48

Scimmia
Fellow
Registered: 2012-09-01
Posts: 13,729

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

File a bug report for vinagre, looks like freerdp had a soname bump but the vinagre maintainer wasn't notified.

Offline

#10 2015-01-13 18:03:00

darioshanghai
Member
Registered: 2011-05-29
Posts: 16

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

Reviving post as issue still exists.

remmina -h won't help to debug, neither will the debug window from the GUI menu, which remains entirely silent. The only console output is:

~]$ remmina

(remmina:6519): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:264:30: not a number

(remmina:6519): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: mate-applications.css:37:23: 'none' is not a valid color name

Nothing else. Installing libvncserver or freerdp won't change a thing, same popup error. Please help.

Offline

#11 2015-01-13 18:07:37

darioshanghai
Member
Registered: 2011-05-29
Posts: 16

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

Tried installing now remmina-gtk2 which failed with this:

-- Finding suggested package FREERDP.
--   Disable this using "-DWITH_FREERDP=OFF".
-- checking for module 'freerdp>=1.0'
--   found freerdp, version 1.2.0-beta1
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-3.1/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:138 (message):
  Could NOT find FREERDP (missing: FREERDP_LIBRARY)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /usr/share/cmake-3.1/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:374 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/FindFREERDP.cmake:47 (find_package_handle_standard_args)
  cmake/FindOptionalPackage.cmake:37 (find_package)
  remmina-plugins/CMakeLists.txt:43 (find_suggested_package)

Unsure if relevant.

Offline

#12 2017-09-12 05:21:47

eXpies
Member
Registered: 2016-09-17
Posts: 7

Re: Remmina protocol plugin VNC is not installed

No issue so far except the missing telepathy plugin...

sudo pacman -S remmina freerdp libvncserver

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB