You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-17 09:51:30

kaligne

[SOLVED] Issue Multibooting Arch Linux - using syslinux

Hello

I created a multi-boot usb on which I can load the Arch Linux installation from the iso file. I used syslinux. However it takes some time to load files from the iso. So I directly copied those files to my `arch` folder (Arch, EFI, isolinux, loader). I updated my `syslinux.cfg` file as follow :

LABEL arch
        MENU LABEL Arch Linux
        CONFIG /arch/usb/arch/boot/syslinux/archiso.cfg
        APPEND /arch/usb/arch/

Now when I try booting it, I get an error dsplayed:

boot/syslinux/whichsys_c32: not a COM32R image

I found an answer to this issue here : https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=172250
Apparently this is due to a conflict between syslinux versions : the one on my current system which I installed on my usb stick, and the one in the arch iso. It is suggested that we just copy the `*.c32` files from arch in the syslinux installed folder.

Copying the arch .c32 files made the trick, the boot chooser appears. However now, when I choose to either boot from i686 or x86_64, the screen just blinks and the boot chooser stays. Only the `Hardware  Information` and `Reboot` work.

Why, is it related to the archiso.cfg? Or to the .c32 files maybe?

Last edited by kaligne (2014-10-17 10:28:14)

#2 2014-10-17 10:27:54

kaligne

Re: [SOLVED] Issue Multibooting Arch Linux - using syslinux

Problem solved. THe link I shared in the above post mentioned that copying files with the same name would not overwrite the already existing ones. I found that strange and checked for myself. Of course, copying files did replace the already existing .c32 files. My `syslinux.cfg` was replaced as well, so the problem came from there, i had to rewrite it from scratch.

Board footer