You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-19 11:42:33

wolf-e

Triple Boot EFI

i have a lenovo x240
i have installed arch+windows and both have nvram entries
linux entry starts gummiboot which again has archlinux and windows  as options
now i've installed opensuse13.1 by creating new partitions and am not able to boot into it
how do i add it to either nvram or to gummiboot? i tried installing rEFInd but the install script fails

#2 2014-10-19 12:54:38

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Triple Boot EFI

When I do this, I make sure the /boot partition is shared across all the operating systems (none share Arch's naming scheme for vmlinuz & initramfs.img).
You could try copying the opensuse /boot over to the EFI System Partition (the FAT32 formatted one) & change the fstab to reflect this and then make a gummiboot conf file for opensuse:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gu … ot_entries

#3 2014-10-19 14:26:34

TheSaint

It could be possible to direct the BIOS over Arch, where it should have the boot loader.
Otherwise read here to arrange efibootmgr to write a new NVRAM entry.
Even efibootmgr man page is worth reading.

do it good first, it will be faster than do it twice the saint wink

#4 2014-10-22 20:55:35

Blasphemist

How does booting openSUSE fail? Did you/it install the efi grub for it? The answer to you question is you should use efibootmgr to create an entry in UEFI NVRAM, point it to the bootloader of choice for openSUSE and put it into the boot order where you want. As you've seen this can get stupid if you're not on top of it. You can choose something from a bootmanager and get handed of to a bootloader, and then another bootloader, etc. The reason rEFInd is often used is that it isn't tied to any OS and it will find pretty much any bootable option available. For my purposes/preferences, multiboot works best using rEFInd as the bootmanager and built in kernel bootloading. In what way does installing rEFInd fail? Have you verified the command matches your specifics?

Simple and Open

Board footer