You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Topic closed
Since some weeks meld stopped starting on my two computers, the issue (I think) is that python can't find the python 2.x packages.
$ meld
** (meld:3168): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/meld", line 226, in <module>
import meld.meldapp
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/meld/meldapp.py", line 31, in <module>
import meld.ui.util
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/meld/ui/util.py", line 23, in <module>
from meld.ui import gladesupport
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/meld/ui/gladesupport.py", line 3, in <module>
from meld import diffmap
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/meld/diffmap.py", line 19, in <module>
import cairo
File "/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packages/cairo/__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
from ._cairo import *
ImportError: No module named _cairoBut this works:
$ PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/python2.7 meldThis is how my PYTHONPATH is set now (in /etc/profile):
$ echo $PYTHONPATH
/usr/lib/python3.4/site-packagesWhat is the right way to set this variable to work for both python3 and python2?
Is what stopped meld from working in a recent upgrade a bug, or just my system's config gone bad?
Last edited by JKAbrams (2014-10-23 14:46:10)
Offline
The solution is to not set PYTHONPATH in /etc/profile at all!
This makes it work with both python2 and python3 applications.
When I try setting it, I only get either python2 or python3 applications working.
Offline
I had this problem yesterday. It appears because on my computer, python is a link to python 2 instead of python 3. I solve it with :
sudo ln -sf /bin/python3.6 /bin/python Offline
You are doing/have done something very wrong if that symlink wasn't there already.
Thait said, this is no reason to necrobump a 3 year old solved thread. - https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … bumping.22
Closing.
Offline
Pages: 1
Topic closed