You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-24 17:11:00

optagon

Touchpad broken after installing synaptics (Asus UX32V)

As the title says I have rendered my touchpad useless after installing this software. I have already gotten some tips on what to try on the archlinux subreddit, which I will write about shortly. But the tldr is that it didn't help.

To begin with I didn't have the synaptic drivers installed - unless they are there by default, which they might be for all I know. The touchpad worked fine in my desktop environment (openbox) and I could scroll with two fingers. Then I was looking for a way to disable the horizontal scroll feature as it was mapped to switching desktops, and that's when I installed xf86-input-synaptics. After that nothing worked, I couldn't click, scroll or move the cursor. I've tried uninstalling the package, even reinstalled it and downgraded it to an earlier version from the ARM repository (xf86-input-synaptics-1.8.0-2-x86_64 to be exact, as a user on reddit said he also had issues and recommended this version). I have also tried setting synclient TouchPadOff=0 and reloaded the kernel module with modprobe -r psmouse, modprobe psmouse.

Should I reinstall xorg or openbox in case either of those contain some touchpad functionality that might reset the system to how it was? I'm afraid I'll lose more settings and break the system further if I touch those.

Last edited by optagon (2014-10-24 17:12:07)

Board footer