You are not logged in.

#1 2006-02-17 03:37:49

Freaky T
Website

Choppy sound in flash?

Ever been to http://www.pandora.com?  It's an interesting flash based internet radio station.  On linux, the sound is always choppy, as it seems to be with every website that uses flash.  Now, I initially assumed that this was simply a limitation of the Linux flash plugin, but, once, I tried it, and it worked perfectly.

My question is, what could have caused it to work correctly that *one* time, and never again?

Thanks!

Visit my website.
FREAKIFIED.com

#2 2006-02-17 04:42:47

codemac
Website

Re: Choppy sound in flash?

The sound on that site was choppy for me since day 1.

Many other sites use flash with sound, and those come in perfectly clear.

Of course in my opinion, you should check out last.fm, and not pandora... but preferences are preferences...

#3 2006-02-17 05:34:55

Freaky T
Website

Thanks, I've tried last fm (I ended up using it because it came with amarok) and I never knew it had a streaming audio function.  Of course upon trying it, it sounds exactly like Pandora.  So far, the only reproducible solution I've come up with is running Firefox with Flash in Wine.  But that fact that it works for you indicates that there's something wrong on my end, no?

Unless, of course, you meant some other way of streaming last.fm.

Visit my website.
FREAKIFIED.com

#4 2006-02-18 08:07:57

codemac
Website

Last.fm works great for me.  I got choppy sound after a while sometimes, but that was their client.  Their most recent hasn't had that problem.

You might want to check and see that you are using a proper sound mixer or alsa/dmix as well.

I'm really not sure at this point.  The fact that wine is probably using alsa for it's sound is what makes me think it might be how you are runnig firefox.

try

aoss firefox

for when you start up firefox and see if it does anything.  If not then I'm way off :-P

Board footer