You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-24 22:40:48

madman_xxx

HP Mini - some Fn-shortcuts do not work

Hello everyone,

I've got HP Mini 2140 and I have some problems with Fn+F3 (brightness down) and other shortcuts, while others like Fn+F8 (mute) work fine...
When I press Fn-F3 the brightness changes during POST and for a while during Arch bootup, but after the system loads, it doesn't change any more. What's important - I can change the brightness by using xbacklight. This means the problem lies with the keyboard shortcut / signaling I guess...

Digging further - if I use getscancodes and point to /dev/input/event4 (that's my keyboard), the codes are displayed for those shortcuts, but unfortunately the same code is displayed for dimming / brightening!

Digging even further - if I use getscancodes and point it to /dev/input/event13) (that's "HP WMI hotkeys") it detects the event of disabling the touchpad, but nothing else (at least I haven't noticed anything else),

Finally, after installing acpid and running acpi_listen I found out that the working events (mute, sleep) are properly displayed there, some are just like

PNP0C14:00 00000080 00000000

- the output is identical no matter the action (turn off WiFi, disable touchpad), and some (brightness controll) are not shown.

The conclusion is - for some reason some of the events are ignored.

I tried

acpi_osi=

(empty value) kernel parameter, that disabled the backlight control completely, also

acpi_backlight=vendor

- that caused nothing.

I use Intel open-source driver for i915 graphics.

Board footer