You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-25 15:43:51

erkexzcx
Banned

[SOLVED] help me to get bluetooth working on XFCE4

so, first and very important thing I would like to say is... hello everyone! big_smile

Just kidding, now lets go to work:

I installed KDE 4 previously and I have got bluetooth working fine on KDE, but for now, I am only on XFCE4 and I am having this error on startup:

org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
You might not be able to connect to the Bluetooth network via this machine

I have installed blueman, everything should work because I followed all instructions on wiki/google. bluetooth service is enabled&started. I can see bluetooth tray icon in the bar.
ohh, and also, I think my computer doesn't detect bluetooth internal adapter on my laptop. this is my laptop btw: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ASUS_N550JV . it doesn't say which bluetooth module I should do "modprobe" or something, I actually have no idea now...
I am in the "lp" group and blueman should work for me, but it doesn't. it only seems that it only doesn't detect any bluetooth adapter.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: installed "rfkill" from official repositories and now ir works fine!

Last edited by erkexzcx (2014-10-25 17:50:33)

Allergic to admins&moderators. They scare me.

#2 2014-10-25 17:29:09

mauritiusdadd

Re: [SOLVED] help me to get bluetooth working on XFCE4

Hi erkexzcx,

you should be more specific if you want that someone help you wink. For example why do you think your system does not detect the internal Bluetooth adapter of your laptop? And If you can see the blueman-applet icon in the system tray and Bluetooth service is started correctly why do you say that Bluetooth is not working? I mean, did you actually try to use the Bluetooth adapter, for example, for scanning for devices, sending files, etc. ?

It will be useful if you also provides the output of the following commands:

rfkill list all
journalctl -b | egrep "[Bb]luethoot"

About me - github

-- When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth -- Spock | Sherlock Holmes

#3 2014-10-25 17:49:33

erkexzcx
Banned

Re: [SOLVED] help me to get bluetooth working on XFCE4

mauritiusdadd wrote:

Hi erkexzcx,

you should be more specific if you want that someone help you wink. For example why do you think your system does not detect the internal Bluetooth adapter of your laptop? And If you can see the blueman-applet icon in the system tray and Bluetooth service is started correctly why do you say that Bluetooth is not working? I mean, did you actually try to use the Bluetooth adapter, for example, for scanning for devices, sending files, etc. ?

It will be useful if you also provides the output of the following commands:

rfkill list all
journalctl -b | egrep "[Bb]luethoot"

HOW? How can I be so stupid? All I had to do is install "rfkill" and reboot. I have seen this application in some threads but I didn't think I wouldn't have one!

SOLVED!

Allergic to admins&moderators. They scare me.

Board footer