You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-01 15:33:15

inflextau

[SOLVED] k3b acting up

Hi

I've a system with Xcfe and k3b installed. When I run k3b I get an error dialog stating "Could not start process Cannot talk to klauncher: The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files."

I can still burn DVDs but many functions are not working-like the built in file manager. When I run it in terminal I get the following:

QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
KGlobal::locale(): Warning your global KLocale is being recreated with a valid main component instead of a fake component, this usually means you tried to call i18n related functions before your main component was created. You should not do that since it most likely will not work
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
[afuji@blackfuji ~]$ Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceAdded(QString)
Object::connect: No such signal org::freedesktop::UPower::DeviceRemoved(QString)
k3b(13451)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_projects" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(13451)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_dir_tree" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(13451)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "view_contents" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(13451)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "location_bar" with KXMLGUIFactory! 
k3b(13451): couldn't create slave: "Cannot talk to klauncher: The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files" 
k3b(13451): couldn't create slave: "Cannot talk to klauncher: The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files" 
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkRange::activate-slider' of type `gboolean' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x8f62d30)" of type `GString'
k3b(13451): Couldn't start knotify from knotify4.desktop:  "KLauncher could not be reached via D-Bus. Error when calling start_service_by_desktop_path:
The name org.kde.klauncher was not provided by any .service files
" 

k3b(13451)/kdeui (KNotification) KNotification::slotReceivedIdError: Error while contacting notify daemon "Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" 

I've tried reinstalling k3b to no success. Does anyone have any ideas about how to fix this.

Thanks

Last edited by inflextau (2014-11-01 19:52:53)

#2 2014-11-01 19:52:30

inflextau

Re: [SOLVED] k3b acting up

OK, I've fixed it by reinstalling kdelibs.

Board footer