You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-03 01:57:05

kabbotta

[SOLVED] Evince Won't Snap To Half Screen

I've just switched from OpenSuse to Arch, and it's been great so far. I've noticed one annoying issue though. Evince won't snap to half screen. It appears to have an enforced minimum width that is slightly larger than half my screen (1440x900), and this appears to stop it from snapping. I would consider this entirely an evince issue, but the version of evince I was just using on OpenSuse did not have this problem. I've search the AUR for older/different versions that might not have this problem, but nothing has worked yet.

In case it isn't clear what I'm talking about, here you can see that evince slightly overlaps emacs, and this is what seems to cause the problem. I can't resize evince any smaller than this.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by kabbotta (2014-11-03 04:12:20)

#2 2014-11-03 04:11:21

kabbotta

Re: [SOLVED] Evince Won't Snap To Half Screen

I've managed to solve this problem myself by switching to the DeLorean-Dark-3.12 theme instead of using the native Global Dark Theme for Gnome. I'm not sure why this fixed the problem, but it seems to be related to the fact that it allows evince to be resized to a slightly smaller size which is just within the half size of my screen. It still has an enforced minimum, but it is slightly smaller. Kind of weird, but it makes sense since I was using the dark theme in OpenSuse as well.

#3 2015-03-10 21:05:09

TheMindWithcake

Re: [SOLVED] Evince Won't Snap To Half Screen

This is not solved, it's just a workaround... I "solved" the same problem using the flashy Adobe Reader, but I think I should send a feature request to the developers as soon as I find the time and will

Board footer