You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-12 06:34:47

johnnyboy

SeLinux Checkpolicy install error ( /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfl)

I am trying to setup selinux per the arch wiki, but I ran into an error when trying to install the checkpolicy package from the AUR. I keep getting the following error:

==> Starting build()...
  cc -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -I. -I/usr/include -o checkpolicy.o -c checkpolicy.c
  bison -y -d policy_parse.y
  cc -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -I. -I/usr/include -o y.tab.o -c y.tab.c
  lex policy_scan.l
  cc -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -I. -I/usr/include -o lex.yy.o -c lex.yy.c
  cc -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -I. -I/usr/include -o queue.o -c queue.c
  cc -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -I. -I/usr/include -o module_compiler.o -c module_compiler.c
  cc -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -I. -I/usr/include -o parse_util.o -c parse_util.c
  cc -march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -I. -I/usr/include -o policy_define.o -c policy_define.c
  cc -Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro  checkpolicy.o y.tab.o lex.yy.o queue.o module_compiler.o parse_util.o policy_define.o  /usr/lib/libsepol.a -lfl -o checkpolicy
  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfl
  collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
  <builtin>: recipe for target 'checkpolicy' failed
  make: *** [checkpolicy] Error 1

any ideas? I have been googling for a few hours trying to find out about the -lfl and to see if i am missing it , but cannot figure this out. I downloaded the tar for checkpolicy and have the same issue.

Should I be altering the makefile in anyway so that /usr/bin/ld can find -lfl ?

Last edited by johnnyboy (2014-11-12 06:43:49)

#2 2014-11-12 08:49:17

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: SeLinux Checkpolicy install error ( /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfl)

$ pacman -Qo /usr/lib/libfl.so
/usr/lib/libfl.so is owned by flex 2.5.39-1

You should have all the base-devel group installed.

#3 2014-11-12 12:23:25

clfarron4
Website

@Allan: The selinux-flex package is needed as part of the installation process.

Something tells me that this AUR package needs to be updated.

But yes, a solution appears to be to remove selinux-flex and install flex and then compile checkpolicy.

Last edited by clfarron4 (2014-11-12 12:36:42)

Claire is fine.
Problems? I have dysgraphia, so clear and concise please.
My public GPG key for package signing
My x86_64 package repository

#4 2014-11-12 14:29:03

Allan
Pacman
Website

Ah - the selinux-flex package is so old it has no shared library.  It needs either updated to the current version, or adding

options=('staticlibs')

added to the PKGBUILD.

But this is a sure sign that what you are installing is not well maintained...

Board footer