You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-18 20:16:17

zelec
Website

Pacstrap

I am acquiring a new and better hard drive soon and i want to do a clean start (My home partition is nearly full of stuff I forget to clear out). how would I install pacstrap on an existing arch linux install (Before anyone suggests the obvious I have done a pacman -S pacstrap and I have searched the AUR for pacstrap).

There Is A Method To My Madness And Madness to My Method.

#2 2014-11-18 20:22:05

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Pacstrap

First, you can just delete everything in your home folder if that is the only issue - or if you are cloning/rsyncing the old drive to the new one, you can just opt out of syncing the home partition/folder.

But if you want to install pacstrap - despite your claim to not want an obvious answer - you can use `pkgfile pacstrap` to see that it is in the package arch-install-scripts.

"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

#3 2014-11-18 20:28:10

zelec
Website

Re: Pacstrap

Ok and Thanks. (and the reason I want to redo the entire system is because I have so many extra applications installed from different display managers like xfce4 and gnome that i don't even use anymore so sorting the default applications for each file type would take me the better part of a day.)

There Is A Method To My Madness And Madness to My Method.

Board footer