You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-27 00:58:24

jag-ster

KDE freezes continuously after new install

I have a laptop (HP ZV5000). ATI graphics card, Intel P4, 1GB memory. I choose to install KDE (Full Install (KDE-meta)). I start it manually with startx. After I type my password it would work fine for a while and then freeze. Few of the things i was doing when it freeze is play a game that came with KDE or using Chrome. I have disable window effects. I looked on the web and someone suggested SSH to it and run HTop. If HTop still running but KDE freeze then it must be the video driver. Well, I did that but even HTop froze.   All packages are up to date. Bleeding Edge!!

I can't access TTY2-6. Saw online there is a error log under something like /etc/home/{user}/.kde/share/{errorlog} but can't find it.
System is a Dual Boot of XP and Arch. XP works great. Arch without KDE running is fine. It is when i use KDE it freezes. I am not a die hard Linux fan but i like Arch alot but this is getting on nerves.

Can someone tell what to check, possible services, or something with the kernel? What log to read?

Board footer