You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-29 10:08:09

fennectech

Xrandr pre graphical target [solved]

can i use xrandr newmode and xrandr addmode commands before graphical..target  as a systemd service?  or do i have to find a way to execute it post graphical target  id rather not put it on the user account  id like it to be set systemwide

Last edited by fennectech (2014-12-03 01:32:09)

[FennecTECH@ArchOS ~]$ cat about_myself
Hello there my name is FennecTECH I am a novice arch user though I am here to learn  I live in central Minnesota where I hangout in the console and make my way into X11. Nice to meet you all! Enjoy my home directory feel free to poke around. There is a solution to every problem, so long as you do not break the laws of physics.
=^_^=
[FennecTECH@ArchOS ~]$

#2 2014-11-29 12:51:22

karol
Archivist

Re: Xrandr pre graphical target [solved]

What exactly are you trying to do? Would editing xorg.conf work?

#3 2014-11-29 12:57:06

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

You could make a file in /etc/X11/xinitrc.d/ provided your user's xinitrc sources these files (that's what they are for, but not everyone keeps the sourcing lines in their xinitrc).

EDIT: @Karol, this seems to follow from this thread (if you can make heads or tails of that).  @fennectech, it was good to start a new thread for this, but you can refer back to the previous thread so would-be helpers can get the context of the question.

Last edited by Trilby (2014-11-29 13:05:45)

"UNIX is simple and coherent" - Dennis Ritchie; "GNU's Not Unix" - Richard Stallman

#4 2014-12-03 01:31:49

fennectech

Thank you  i will track down xinitrc and drop my commands into it :3   thanks

[FennecTECH@ArchOS ~]$ cat about_myself
Hello there my name is FennecTECH I am a novice arch user though I am here to learn  I live in central Minnesota where I hangout in the console and make my way into X11. Nice to meet you all! Enjoy my home directory feel free to poke around. There is a solution to every problem, so long as you do not break the laws of physics.
=^_^=
[FennecTECH@ArchOS ~]$

Board footer