You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-18 10:30:04

M4L

Toshiba Libretto W100 Install, Portrait Mode and Button Use

Hey Guys

I've recently picked up a Toshiba Libretto W100 and have successfully managed to install Arch Linux with openbox on it. Windows 7 is just too damn slow to use on this and is terrible in general.
For those interested, the device has only one USB port and two dual touchscreens, (looks like a tablet that folds in two). I managed to get Arch installed on this by using a powered USB hub (Logitech H-UE5) and plugged in an external keyboard and mouse as well as a live booting arch install usb.

I managed to get the two screens working by running following script in .config/openbox/autostart, however I imagine a systemd service should work.

/usr/bin/libretto

#!/bin/bash
# libretto

xrandr --output LVDS2 --mode 1024x600 --rotate inverted --below LVDS1 &
sleep 2

ID1=$(xinput list | grep -i ISDv4 | head --lines=1 | cut -d "=" -f2 | cut -d'  ' -f1)
ID2=$((ID1+1))

# rotate display #2 to invert
xsetwacom set "$ID2" rotate half

# map display #1 touch co-ordinates to LVDS1
xsetwacom set "$ID1" maptooutput LVDS1

# map display #2 touch co-ordinates to LVDS2
xsetwacom set "$ID2" maptooutput LVDS2

exit 0

Anyway I wanted to make use of the two buttons on the device, on Windows 7 the Toshiba software assigns these keys to have one act as a "home" to bring up a dashboard on touchscreen stuff and the other to bring up an onscreen keyboard.
I've installed Florence from the AUR and wanted to assign one of the buttons to bring up Florence onscreen keyboard at least. The other button I've yet to decide what I want, maybe issue a command to rotate the screen to portrait mode?
When I issue the keys all I get in dmesg is this:

toshiba_acpi: Unknown key 161
toshiba_acpi: Unknown key 160

Finally I wanted to get the device to rotate the screen (by use of the accelerometer if possible), if not at least a script to rotate the screens should suffice. I was hoping to use this as a kind of E-Reader.
Not sure what I'm exactly doing with xrandr apart from reading up on what others have achieved with Ubuntu and other distros.
What would I need to do to get the accelerometer working?

Cheers

#2 2014-12-18 21:08:08

Head_on_a_Stick
Website

Re: Toshiba Libretto W100 Install, Portrait Mode and Button Use

#3 2017-01-17 08:42:41

ecloud

Did you ever get anywhere with haptics on this machine?

It's a rare feature to have a haptic engine at all (except for recent iPhones), so I wonder if this is a good machine to experiment with that.

#4 2017-01-17 14:10:18

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

M4L hasn't been on the forums for some time, so I doubt you will get a response. If you are having problems, please open a new thread.

Closing.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Board footer