You are not logged in.

#51 2015-01-08 18:45:03

isank

Re: [SOLVED]packagekit: requires pacman<4.2.0

jasonwryan wrote:

Where to start? First, partial upgrades are unsupported, and holding back the single most important package on your system makes no sense anyway. Secondly, to do so for an unsupported package (packagekit) is just arse backwards. Third, packagekit has been updated so none of this is necessary anyway.

Okay, thanks for the help.

But guys do you seriously think this is the way to tell that a post is wrong or not worth (nonsense/ill-advised etc), actually I am saying this because I am a newbie wanting to start my contribution to open source community, and on my very first post I get this, well this might be the way you guys are big players of this field, I don't know.

#52 2015-01-08 19:20:19

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

I'm sorry if you felt unwelcome.  As there are many users who use these forums as read-only we balance our desire to welcome all input with a need for ensuring some quality control on the advice that is presented here.

I've not seen any active members of these forums hold anything like a 'grudge' or judge someone as lesser of a person: but we will critique information and advice.  The information you offered needed revision.  If it were presented as a question, we could have just described why that is not the best way to manage the update - but presented as advice to others, it needed the equivalent of a 'surgeon general's warning' wink

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#53 2015-01-08 20:42:36

fbourigault

I'm working on the alpm backend for PackageKit. Sadly some backend features seems to be broken (get-files, systemd updates and maybe more). While those issues are not solved, we can't make PackageKit back to stable repos.

It's possible to track alpm related issues on Github : https://github.com/hughsie/PackageKit/i … inux%29%22

#54 2015-01-14 00:55:54

joaocandre

WinterSoldier53 wrote:
erickwill wrote:
fsckd wrote:

Solution is to either wait for a new version of packagekit to appear before upgrading or uninstall packagekit and upgrade without it.

Thanks a lot.
What I did and worked for me is to remove yaourt and package-query. After that Syu that will automatically install latest pacman. Now Syu gonna work but I lost yaourt for now..

Just run pacman-db-upgrade and then pacman -S yaourt package-query.

I was trying just that, reinstalling packagekit, package-query and yaourt after a system update, but pacman can't even find packagekit on the repository, which I assume is because it doesn't support pacman 4.2 yet.

#55 2015-01-14 01:11:12

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

joaocandre wrote:

I was trying just that, reinstalling packagekit, package-query and yaourt after a system update, but pacman can't even find packagekit on the repository, which I assume is because it doesn't support pacman 4.2 yet.

packagekit isn't in an official repository...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#56 2015-01-14 10:28:47

Awebb

It used to be, but it breaks with every major change in pacman, so I assume it was dropped.

Board footer